Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
We have an Odyssey. I love having a van. We had a - get ready for this - Mercury Monterey van and it taught us that there really isn't a more practical vehicle for hauling even a couple of people. As much room as a Suburban but smaller footprint. Great fuel economy on trips. Easy to get in and out. No need to wonder if something you buy will fit - it will.

FWD does great in bad weather. We lived on a dirt road in Indiana before moving here and it would plow right through the mud when the spring thaws came.

After having a van and unless you tow something substantial, it makes you wonder why people would drive anything else.

You can't see the outside when you're in the inside...

Steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
Like everything else, minivans are bigger now than they used to be. But they are still quite efficient. Really a solid vehicle choice.

The current Sienna looks like it checks every box for us. I do really like the Pacifica PHEV though. But I’m not a Chrysler guy. Geez, PHEV’s seem like the perfect solution for
Vehicles this size. I guess they’re expensive to build since there really aren’t many choices out there.

When my Odyssey needs to be replaced the Sienna will get the hardest look unless Honda hybridizes and/or adds AWD to the Ody. Our van gets good mileage, but it could be better.

I just reserved a new Ridgeline today, so our current van better hold on for a while. That will give Honda some time to cater to my whims. 🤓

steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts