Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD, White Diamond Pearl
88 Posts
Lots of people buy based on looks. That's just a fact of life. So while I can't say I personally like many of the appearance trims for the price I'm sure Honda knows what it's doing when it puts these things out for people to buy at higher price point.
I buy on looks, mostly favoring light or bright colors. I can tell you for sure I will not be buying that dull Odyssey shown in post #1.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD, White Diamond Pearl
88 Posts
I owned an Odyssey and really loved it. What a great road warrior and utility vehicle. My only gripe about it was the heavy middle seats as I often took them out to haul materials or furniture. I needed to tow and my Odyssey didn't have the towing package. Instead of getting it installed I traded "up" to the Pilot. I was so pleased with the ride and capability of the Pilot that I added the Ridgeline to our family for my daily and I absolutely love it! That being said, if Honda would offer the all wheel drive system to the Odyssey that the Pilot/Passport/Ridgeline enjoy I would trade back to an Odyssey with our Pilot. Toyota is beefing up the Siena soon and I'm really interested in seeing the results. I think a "Rugged" minivan would be a great type of vehicle as the platform is so practical and useful.
I have yet to “downgrade” from a van to an SUV. Where SUVs fail is in their reduced cargo volume compared to a van. Car and Driver specs the 2022 Odyssey cargo volume behind the front row at 140.7 cubic feet. The 2022 Pilot cargo capacity behind the front row is only 83.8 cubic feet. I’d sure like to have a full size SUV’s towing capacity, but the trade off is cargo volume.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts