Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya I said it. Since 2023 is a carry over year and it seems all but certain 2024 will introduce a new model maybe we can persuade Honda to add some features. My 2007 has 260k on the ODO hopefully she makes it to 2024 reveal.

I'll start
1. Vented seats - For the love of all things Holy please give us Southern Ridgeline owners some ventilated seat options.
2. Updated Modern Head unit
3. Increased Trunk capacity- Easily the most useful part of my truck. Would love to see it redesigned to be even larger
4. Factory lift/level kit
5. Please don't make the front end ugly again.

3 and 4 are wishful thinking

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Ya I said it. Since 2023 is a carry over year and it seems all but certain 2024 will introduce a new model maybe we can persuade Honda to add some features. My 2007 has 260k on the ODO hopefully she makes it to 2024 reveal.

I'll start
1. Vented seats - For the love of all things Holy please give us Southern Ridgeline owners some ventilated seat options.
2. Updated Modern Head unit
3. Increased Trunk capacity- Easily the most useful part of my truck. Would love to see it redesigned to be even larger
4. Factory lift/level kit
5. Please don't make the front end ugly again.

3 and 4 are wishful thinking
Don't they have the spec's locked down, like a year ago?

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,563 Posts
Don't they have the spec's locked down, like a year ago?
Yes, but since it is still a year out, they may be able to change some smaller things. It's probably too late to change whatever infotainment they use, and probably too late to change gauge cluster, cameras, etc. Definitely too late to change things like shifter... most stuff will mimic whatever we see on the Pilot next month.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
bring it up to date with the infotainment and aim high if it's going to remain unchanged for a generation
mute button for infotainment
ability to reset MM by code individually (I don't think it does this now)
radio stays on with the engine off until the door is opened (I don't think it does this now)
hopefully the 10 speed will the solve the 9 speed quirks but be just as robust. Hesitation when floored exists on MDX so that most likely wont see improvement
oil filter location
hood struts (its close to 50k you guys deserve them whether you want them or not)
low speed follow
brake hold
updated safety bits like road sign, pedestrian recognition
more cameras to see blind spots
even cabin heat during extreme cold. left foot area noticeably colder
during extreme cold, can not keep the window defrosted and the cabin warm simultaneously
raise it to Passport height
damped tailgate or power tailgate
split tailgate
eliminate push button gear selector
eliminate tire pressure sensors in favor of the old system that compares rotation amongst wheels, cheaper for those that have winter wheel sets.
power down rear window
eliminate RTL/BE trims and HPD package to free up more Sport/E production
more ground up design, not Pilot offspring which ultimately limits capability build outside Alabama
dash cam pre wired front and rear
amber lights on the bumper when the marker lights are on (loved this signature on the RTS)
leave design room for hybridization or electrification if this vehicle will be unchanged for 7-8 years.
updated gauge cluster that also shows what gear the 10 speed is in
no black plastic in wheel wells painted metal only with accessory option of stick on painted arches
auto high beams to engage at lower speeds

Items from the current gen that still haven't been improved upon:

tailgate harness fraying
gas odor when parked during colder weather
occasional stiff brake pedal at startup (check valve in brake booster inconsistent)
mushy brake pedal

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
594 Posts
From this leak on the 23 Pilot, and making the educated guess that Ridgeline changes would follow suite, it seems there might be a new V6?
and there is a possibility TrailSport becomes more than a decal package (all terrain tires, skid plate, and tuned suspension)
and there is mention of beefed up frame. Wonder if there is the possibility of a higher tow rating (6k?)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here is my top 10:

1. A real off road package with undercarriage protection/plates, and more wheel travel/clearance.

2. Updated infotainment and wireless airplay and charging that actually works.

3. Auto wipers

4. Vented seats/steeringwheel.

5. Room in trunk with full size spare.

6. Modernize safety features that work poorly (auto high beam, lane departure, collision avoidance)

7. Add 360 parking cam option and lane change side/rear view camera assist (Like in the civic)

8. Give passenger front seat same full movement/memory seating as the drivers seat.

9. Add an S model with more HP like the MDX.

10. Add air suspension so clearance can go up for off roading, and down low for good gas mileage on the highway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Back to a gearshift lever would be nice but no big deal. The one thing I would like to see is more robust brakes . Not a fan of the soft peddle and a larger master cylinder etc would be a welcome addition . Current brakes are Adequate but not great especially when loaded or in a panic stop situation

·
Administrator
23,795 Posts
Honda released a couple of teaser images of the 2023 Pilot Trailsport this morning. It includes:

• Standard all-terrain tires
  • Steel skid plates
  • Off-road tuned suspension
  • Expanded all-wheel drive system capabilities

I see LED reflector headlights as opposed to projectors and incandescent rear turn signals as opposed to LED.

I also see front center parking sensors, a camera on the front grill, and possibly a camera hanging down from the bottom of the driver's side mirror suggesting a 360° view...finally.

This should give us a preview of what's to come in the 2024 Ridgeline.

Vehicle Land vehicle Car Cloud Vehicle registration plate
Car Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD, White Diamond Pearl
208 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Looks like Subaru taillights. That Pilot spelled out on the back a bit ostentatious IMO. Raised roof rails sweet, gives more tie down points, probable Trailsport only.. Question is will they put the RL front end on the Accord too:D

It's there but looks like they are making an extra effort to avoid revealing the exhaust. One of those video reviewers is saying that the current V6 is not enough as the vehicles get larger. The MDX has a 290 horse V6 so I'm not sure if what he means. Maybe there will be an unexpected shocker that we never thought possible. Turbo, hybrid? He also said that the wishbone won't make it to the Pilot.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts