Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
As a owner of a 22 RTL-E my list would be:
-Plug-in hybrid drivetrain
-Updated infotainment
-If no hybrid, different transmission ( highly dislike the clunky 9 speed after living with it now)
-Actual gear selector, buttons suck
-Decreased road noise\drone (tire and road noise is bad, especially on broken or not new asphalt)
-Honda Sense that actually works (This was my biggest disappointment after getting my 22 a few months ago. Honda Sense is comically unfunctional)
-Remove the in-bed audio, this is a stupid feature, the $ can go into a better interior audio system
-Improved tie-downs in the bed. Would be nice to have a modular rail system like the Frontier
-Increased ground clearance and some factory underbody protection
-Improved build quality... I've spent quite a bit of time fixing rattles and improperly assembled panels etc. My tailgate cap wasn't snapped in correctly, lower bolts in the dash were not tightened all the way so my dash vibrated and rattled, front bumper not assembled correctly on passenger side causing weird fitment gaps etc. Just a lot of quality\fitment issues that kind of soured my new car\truck experience.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
593 Posts
I’m putting money on the Pilot getting a 3.0 turbo option which is what is available on MDX Type S, and puts out 350+ hp/torque. If so, this would probably make it to the RL which would be awesome for towing big.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I’m putting money on the Pilot getting a 3.0 turbo option which is what is available on MDX Type S, and puts out 350+ hp/torque. If so, this would probably make it to the RL which would be awesome for towing big.
I'm going to say something I know will make people mad. First F hybrids. I hate them. Added weight and complexity. Bleh. It's fine if that is an option, but keep an option without it. HATE THEM. Honda probably makes some of the best hybrids, but still, HATE THEM. If you like hybrids, more power to you. Different strokes etc.

Second, turbos are better than naturally aspirated. The days of widow maker turbo boost are long behind us. If you cannot handle a modern turbo boost, it says way more about your inability to drive than the car's power delivery. Furthermore, turbos are more fuel efficient, and when you climb in altitude, turbos are capable of keeping horsepower lost in naturally aspirated cars.

This should NOT mean downgrading the divinity that is the V6 in the ridgeline to a V4 turbo. The Honda V6 of the best engines ever. It means adding turbo to the V6. It would make it more fuel efficient, keep more power at altitude, and increase HP/torque, all which would be great and very welcome.

·
Administrator
23,780 Posts
Honda said the 3.0T would remain an Acura-exclusive engine. Of course, they can change their mind, but I don't see that happening.

What does catch my eye is Honda said the 2023 Pilot would have a "powerful new V-6 engine".

I wouldn't expect the 3.0T to be used and I haven't see any rumors of a new V6 engine.

The all-new 2022 MDX comes standard with a carryover 3.5L V6.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
48 Posts
Keep the top end price under 50k

Nuke the in bed audio, just give me a bluetooth audio out

I have never wanted/needed the paddle shifters.

Give me back the Gen 1 RTL arm rest and seat material

If they go with push button trans, put it on the dash

If I can step into fantasy land for a moment, a rear window which completely rolls down as my old Tundra did, and a hard drive built into the head unit like my 2009 dodge.

Make the back of the cab shorter and add six inches to the bed. A $500 credit for a factory rear seat delete. Yep rather have the space.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,552 Posts
Honda said the 3.0T would remain an Acura-exclusive engine. Of course, they can change their mind, but I don't see that happening.

What does catch my eye is Honda said the 2023 Pilot would have a "powerful new V-6 engine".

I wouldn't expect the 3.0T to be used and I haven't see any rumors of a new V6 engine.

View attachment 430382
It's going to be the little V6 turbo hybrid from the Indy cars. :D :devilish::ROFLMAO: unfortunately, j/k

I'd go for a little more displacement, or a cam profile favoring more torque lower in the powerband (although that would result in less horsepower).

It will probably just be the 290hp option from Acura that will require high-octane gas.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts

View attachment 430382
Maybe a detuned version of the Acura 3.0t with less exotic internals for 325HP/325TQ? Or could they be upping displacement to that of the old 3.7? The don't use the word "available" so I assume it's for all Pilots. The RL would need the 3.0t just to keep up with the next Colorado.

If guess I can check to see what they say about the next Type R Civic if the engine is powerful and new, HA HA.

Just checked, the use the word "powerful" but not new, my guess is the Pilot will be something new to Honda. If that's true, feel bad for those non Type S MDX owners.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Remote close of windows and sunroof...or remove the ability to open them remotely.
I would like that too but we've discussed that before and, as zRoger pointed out, federal highway regulations prohibit it as a safety feature. It's out of Honda's hands.

• better head/infotainment (this seems to be the on the list for most of us)
  • move moonroof out of RTL-E into BE or new higher level trim (use the savings to cover some of these requested features)
  • power folding mirrors
  • 2" more ground clearance or lift kit options
  • skid plates (could put this and lift kit in an Offroad package)
  • remove bed audio, seriously how often do people use this? Or move it to higher trim level.
  • more user options over how things work (i.e. radio stays on til doors open, include/exclude moonroof in auto windows down, autostop on/off by default)
  • better cupholders that can grip various sized containers

·
Registered
22 Ridgeline Touring
227 Posts
I use the bed audio feature all the time. When we are camping, or I go out shooting with my buddies or even around the house when getting stuff out of the back, leave that be. My wish list,
-more ground clearance, skid plates, some all terrain tires and recovery points front and rear in some sort of an offroad package
-an actual shifter or move the buttons up on the dash
-slightly longer bed
-more power
-better head unit
-the whole back window to slide down ala Tundra
-HID/LED low beams
-some sort of blackout package for the chrome trim that actually gets rid of all the chrome including the lettering without getting the BE
-space in the bed trunk for a full size spare
Overall, I really like my 22, its a great vehicle but with a few slight tweaks, it could be perfect.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use the bed audio feature all the time. When we are camping, or I go out shooting with my buddies or even around the house when getting stuff out of the back, leave that be. My wish list,
-more ground clearance, skid plates, some all terrain tires and recovery points front and rear in some sort of an offroad package
-an actual shifter or move the buttons up on the dash
-slightly longer bed
-more power
-better head unit
-the whole back window to slide down ala Tundra
-HID/LED low beams
-some sort of blackout package for the chrome trim that actually gets rid of all the chrome including the lettering without getting the BE
-space in the bed trunk for a full size spare
Overall, I really like my 22, its a great vehicle but with a few slight tweaks, it could be perfect.
Sure, flaunt your Canadian'ness where you have like half of our wishlist already! :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
To me the more likely scenario is the base MDX gets a mild MMC bump of 10hp or so and the Pilot and RL get the '290hp' V6. I don't see a hybrid in this generation unless the MDX gets it first (and even Honda isn't silly enough to sell a truck with 0 towing capacity), and the 3.0T is likely to stay with Acura - they can't maintain a $15k bump in price for the MDX Type-S if the same engine is in lesser Hondas.

Honestly, I don't see Honda throwing much money at the ICE side of the house now that they have the Prologue to play with.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD, White Diamond Pearl
206 Posts
If I need a truck, I need it because of the open bed. If I don’t need the open bed, I do much better to haul things with a van. Therefore I would like to see a 2024 Ridgeline with a long bed and just a one row cab. I’ve owned my RL 5.5 years and someone has sat in the back seat a total of two times. The C pillar/rear wall is a problem because it cuts the cargo area into sections. Long things, 8 or even 10 feet, cannot be carried in the Ridgline near as easily as they can be hauled in a van. It’d be nice if the RL could haul 8 foot material with the tailgate closed.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,552 Posts
Honda released a couple of teaser images of the 2023 Pilot Trailsport this morning. It includes:

• Standard all-terrain tires
  • Steel skid plates
  • Off-road tuned suspension
  • Expanded all-wheel drive system capabilities

I see LED reflector headlights as opposed to projectors and incandescent rear turn signals as opposed to LED.

I also see front center parking sensors, a camera on the front grill, and possibly a camera hanging down from the bottom of the driver's side mirror suggesting a 360° view...finally.

This should give us a preview of what's to come in the 2024 Ridgeline.

View attachment 430361 View attachment 430362
I edited that second photo a bit (mirrored image and stitched together).

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
If I need a truck, I need it because of the open bed. If I don’t need the open bed, I do much better to haul things with a van. Therefore I would like to see a 2024 Ridgeline with a long bed and just a one row cab. I’ve owned my RL 5.5 years and someone has sat in the back seat a total of two times. The C pillar/rear wall is a problem because it cuts the cargo area into sections. Long things, 8 or even 10 feet, cannot be carried in the Ridgline near as easily as they can be hauled in a van. It’d be nice if the RL could haul 8 foot material with the tailgate closed.
I would love a 6' bed, but not at the price of the 2nd row. The Ridgeline does great double duty, and I'd hate for it to lose that. I think adding 9" more to the bed is very doable. Not sure if a 6' bed would be enough for you.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS AWD, White Diamond Pearl
206 Posts
I would love a 6' bed, but not at the price of the 2nd row. The Ridgeline does great double duty, and I'd hate for it to lose that. I think adding 9" more to the bed is very doable. Not sure if a 6' bed would be enough for you.
The crew cab on a mid size truck is a major compromise. It’s not a very good cargo hauler, and it’s not a great people mover either. It sort of does both things in a so-so way.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts