Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer is looking for a 21 for me. I told them to order one would be fine.

Is production steady and custom orders being taken. No hurry but really
curious when one might get built

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was in the same boat.. after a month, I ordered an rtl e in the colors I wanted. $40,4xx. Not a great deal but I want what I want and want it now. Well asap.

·
Administrator
18,257 Posts
A dealer is looking for a 21 for me. I told them to order one would be fine.

Is production steady and custom orders being taken. No hurry but really
curious when one might get built
Honda doesn't build to order like most other automakers - dealers get what Honda decides to send. Dealers are allocated a specific number of each model at a time. Dealers make requests for specific trim and colors, but these requests are not guaranteed. Honda waits until they have a sufficient number of requests before building batches of identical vehicles then distributing them to dealers based on preference.

Production was suspended for two weeks beginning March 22, but resumed April 5. It'll be a few weeks before Ridgelines begin delivering to dealers again and even then, quantities may be limited due to ongoing supply issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The RTLE I ordered a month ago was supposed to be built April 6th. I guess I'm spending another month with out a daily. ?

·
Administrator
18,257 Posts
Whatever date you were originally given prior to March 22, I'd add at least two weeks to the time frame.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the information. told the dealer not in any hurry. Guess a good thing. My build looks simple or to me it
does. RTL-E with the HPD and cargo pkg in red. Other items bet dealer add ons

·
Administrator
18,257 Posts
Honda hasn't made nearly as many RTL-E's as Sports...so far. Very few non-Sport trims have had the HPD Package...so far. By "cargo package", are you referring to "Cargo Storage Package" which includes the hard tonneau cover, door sill protection film, trunk dividers, and underseat storage? If so, that's a dealer-installed package as opposed to a factory-installed package, so that's no problem to add to any Ridgeline. The HPD Package, however, needs to be factory-installed to avoid having to pay for a set of wheels you don't need and labor. You might be waiting quite a while for Honda to build a batch of red RTL-E's with the HPD Package. You might end up having to settle for a red RTL-E then paying extra to add the HPD Package at the dealer level.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honda hasn't made nearly as many RTL-E's as Sports...so far. Very few non-Sport trims have had the HPD Package...so far. By "cargo package", are you referring to "Cargo Storage Package" which includes the hard tonneau cover, door sill protection film, trunk dividers, and underseat storage? If so, that's a dealer-installed package as opposed to a factory-installed package, so that's no problem to add to any Ridgeline. The HPD Package, however, needs to be factory-installed to avoid having to pay for a set of wheels you don't need and labor. You might be waiting quite a while for Honda to build a batch of red RTL-E's with the HPD Package. You might end up having to settle for a red RTL-E then paying extra to add the HPD Package at the dealer level.
yes the hard tonneau cover pkg. If they cant do a HPD,, the adventure pkg would be ok, if get one by summer

·
Administrator
18,257 Posts
yes the hard tonneau cover pkg. If they cant do a HPD,, the adventure pkg would be ok, if get one by summer
The hard tonneau comes in the factory-installed "Function+ Package" and the dealer-installed "Cargo Storage Package". You can also buy it yourself and have it delivered to your door for $899. It's easy to install and takes about 15 minutes.

The "adventure package" is dealer-installed as opposed to factory-installed as well, so you'll end up with an extra set of wheels and likely pay installation labor on top of the extra $4,211 for the adventure package. If you're okay with that, then all you need is to find a red RTL-E and let a dealer install the two packages.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The hard tonneau comes in the factory-installed "Function+ Package" and the dealer-installed "Cargo Storage Package". You can also buy it yourself and have it delivered to your door for $899. It's easy to install and takes about 15 minutes.

The "adventure package" is dealer-installed as opposed to factory-installed as well, so you'll end up with an extra set of wheels and likely pay installation labor on top of the extra $4,211 for the adventure package. If you're okay with that, then all you need is to find a red RTL-E and let a dealer install the two packages.
Got a call into the dealership, going to see if just get an RTL E, work out something on the black alloy wheel upgrade and do all the other mods on my own.
Getting some good information here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got with the salesman, took off HPD, going to do RTL-e with Black alloy wheels,
? if do cargo pkg or dealer install. Is a wait and see

·
Registered
32 Posts
thanks for the information. told the dealer not in any hurry. Guess a good thing. My build looks simple or to me it
does. RTL-E with the HPD and cargo pkg in red. Other items bet dealer add ons
Not sure where you are located, but a dealer in Auburn, MA had a Red RTL-E with the HPD package on their lot. When I was shopping the dealers near me, I inquired about it not knowing it had the HPD package ( looking for a plain one) , and they quoted me $43,xxx which was 3k off what they had it listed for. I got the sense they would’ve knocked more off as they seemed like they wanted it gone. It had been at their sister store in Greenfield, MA for a while before moving it to Auburn.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When ordering my BE I was told the build date was April 8th. My dealer called last night and said the new build date is April 22nd (hence the two week plant shutdown).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m looking to buy an RTL-E. Is the $40400 you paid considered a good deal? This would be my first Honda, so I’m trying to understand what folks are paying for this trim.
I am not a honda expert. I did shop around a lot around Washington DC. I know If I waited till supply caught up with demand I could barging more especially for the new better looking ridgeline I might get a better price. But considering I am getting the new model exactly how I want I feel like its an OK deal. I also need a car now. We gave my son my outback. Now I am stock driving a highly modified 17 year old subaru STI. Not as fun as it sounds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not a honda expert. I did shop around a lot around Washington DC. I know If I waited till supply caught up with demand I could barging more especially for the new better looking ridgeline I might get a better price. But considering I am getting the new model exactly how I want I feel like its an OK deal. I also need a car now. We gave my son my outback. Now I am stock driving a highly modified 17 year old subaru STI. Not as fun as it sounds.
Makes sense. I can only imagine trying to daily a highly modified anything haha. I have an 08 Solstice modified and I’m glad I don’t have to rely on it like that. I’m here in SoCal and there are plenty of Sport trims but very few RTL-E trim. Have you seen the gray interior in person? Debating between it and the typical black.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts