Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I worked with the internet sales person at my local Honda dealer and was given a price of $40,055, with an out-the-door price of $44,331.90. This price included the hard tonneau cover and front & rear mud guards. When I went to the dealer I said the first number they give is usually not the lowest, and tried for a lower number. The salesman said when they give internet prices, they are the lowest possible price because everyone can internet shop all the dealers in their area and by giving a higher price they would lose customers. After a few more unsuccessful attempts, I eventually got it down to $44,306 out the door. They also agreed to pay the last payment on my 2018 Pilot lease, $460. There was no residual value in my Pilot due to hitting a deer that completely destroyed the front end. Before I visited this dealer, I contacted another dealer in the area and they wanted over $1200 more for an out-the-door price. I think I got a good price, but wanted some opinions.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It’s so hard to compare when you factor in the freebies and that they made the final lease payment on your pilot. I got a 10.4% discount off of msrp (including destination) on my ‘21 E.

The days of internet pricing has really leveled the playing field re: final pricing. You likely got a very fair deal for your geographic area. Which seems to be the biggest factor when it comes to discounts.

Congrats on your new rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's approx the same price the no negotiate dealers in my area are quoting without any extras, so I think you did good, especially considering you likely got the first RTL-E they received. If you're trying to negotiate when a lot of dealers still have 2020s sitting on the lot you have to expect that you aren't going to get the very best price. My guess is that had you waited 3 months you could've gotten another 1-2k off of so once the incentives switch over; not really worth it to have to figure out a car after your lease expired.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. One thing I forgot to mention, I was negotiating for a vehicle they don't have. They only have 3 Sport models on the lot, but said they have good working relationships with lots of dealers within a 200 mile radius. They said they should be able to get the truck by the end of next week or the beginning of the following week. This, along with the fact that the new Ridgeline has only been available since the beginning of the month, made me think they wouldn't be willing to negotiate. It was really the other dealer with the $1200 higher price that helped me pull the trigger.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I figured gaining the financing, would be the extra incentive. I guess we’ll see if that is extended beyond March 1. They did not have it on the lot, it was a dealer trade about 30 miles away. Heading to the dealer in an hour to get mine.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,149 Posts
That's not including tax though. I pay the tax at the DMV. Still a good price?
That is a very good price, at this stage of the 2021 rollout.

Reactions: xhristian1

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,149 Posts
My local dealer, here in Denver, offered me $345 off MSRP ($45,385) on a 2021 RTL-E. I politely refused their gracious offer. Denver housing prices are booming, so I guess dealers think we are made of money.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dealer doesn’t care about housing prices or rich or not, they just know they have sold the last 7 sight unseen while still on the transport for MSRP, why throw money away and give you a deal now?

If you’re in a position where you can hold off a month or 2, you will save a few grand once supply catches up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts