Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dealer doesn’t care about housing prices or rich or not, they just know they have sold the last 7 sight unseen while still on the transport for MSRP, why throw money away and give you a deal now?

If you’re in a position where you can hold off a month or 2, you will save a few grand once supply catches up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bottom line, When I go into the dealership to buy
They sell cars every day, you buy cars every N years, they have the advantage the second you are on the lot. Deal via email, work the deal before you step foot on the lot. Eliminate emotions, use data, come up with a fair deal and try and stick to that. Feel free to ‘walk’ and tell them you will check back at the end of the month if they don’t budge. But remember, if folks are walking in and paying MSRP on trucks that are not even on the lot, they will not deal.

Time is the best advantage you have, that and information! Track the dealers inventory for several weeks, make a google sheets deal and record how many units at what trim and what dealers have what you are looking at. You will see when they get a truck load of truck and let them sit for a few days then hit them up.

Always deal in OTD, don’t worry about fees then. They can add a $15 hot dog bun fee, I don’t care, I’m negotiating OTD price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts