Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey drivers,
I have a 2022 BE that I just got and have put 800 miles on it. I just did a three hour trip and have noticed a strange vibration for the first time. It happens at all speeds, but most noticeable above 35mph. It feels like the car is bouncing quickly up and down, like the road is super wavy/bumpy - but it's not. I feel it on both rough and smooth roads. Can feel it a bit in the steering wheel, but mostly on my ass and if I put my hand on the passenger seat headreast/back, I can really feel the vibration.

Had many Hondas in the past and this is the first time I've experience this. Have any of you had this issue with your new 2022s?

I am going to assume it is a wheel balancing issue. I will check the tire air pressure to ensure they aren't over-inflated and also fairly equal. But then, off to the service dept. I'm surprised / disappointed about this - a new car!

I don't think this is the VCM in my case...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All tires at 33 psi. Going to tighten all lugs to 94lbs now.

Bent wheel would be shocking - hasn't hit anything crazy yet. Drove perfectly smooth during the first few hundred miles. I will definitely have the service folks check that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I will tighten the lugs this weekend, check for oddities as you have mentioned, and then take it for a spin and report back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick update. I just checked each wheel's weights and the front right passenger wheel does not have any weights. I triple-checked. Is that bad?

These are the black HPD rims.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone. I have checked again and, indeed, no weights on the FR wheel.

I have also just checked the torque on all lugs - set to 94ft/lb +- a little. They all seemed tight but I'll drive her again today and see if there's a difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I took it to the dealer, went on a drive with the tech, they confirmed it felt a little odd. Dealer has the Roadforce balancer. Right rear wheel was found to be 30g under (is that a lot?).

They balanced and rotated, I took it for a drive - felt much better. But... still some vibration that I could no longer discern if it was normal or not. Test drove a new RTLE/HPD (same wheels and tires as mine) out on the same road, and it felt the same.

Seems anything else I'm feeling is the "aggressiveness" of the tires.

I was blown away by my local dealer and their service team. They really listened, checked stuff out and made sure I was all set. Good folks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts