Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Or a defective tire. Or a flat-spotted tire (not likely these days since most vehicles don't sit on lots for more than a few hours).
I would guess a steel belt in the tire snapped. You might find the bad wheel by having front or back tire road-force-balanced.
If the vibration is felt in the steering, it is a front wheel.
If the vibration in felt in the seat of your pants, it's the rear wheels.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know you said you didn't think its the VCM, but are you sure? Do you feel it under load or when you lift off the gas?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sounds like a bad tire...
I never made it home with my 2019 from the dealership. I felt slight vibration during the test drive and had them check it out. Balanced wheels.
About 30minutes from the dealership i could still feel it, and tires were by then warmed up.
Called them and drove straight back. They put 4 new tires on...Smooth as glass since then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I took it to the dealer, went on a drive with the tech, they confirmed it felt a little odd. Dealer has the Roadforce balancer. Right rear wheel was found to be 30g under (is that a lot?).

They balanced and rotated, I took it for a drive - felt much better. But... still some vibration that I could no longer discern if it was normal or not. Test drove a new RTLE/HPD (same wheels and tires as mine) out on the same road, and it felt the same.

Seems anything else I'm feeling is the "aggressiveness" of the tires.

I was blown away by my local dealer and their service team. They really listened, checked stuff out and made sure I was all set. Good folks.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts