Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy aftermarket wheels and tires for my Ridgeline RTL within the next month. My first choice would be 22" wheels; however, I'm not sure if 22 x 9/9.5/10 wheels will fit. Can someone tell me if anyone of these wheel sizes will fit the Ridgeline? I know there is a 45mm offset, max tire size is 275 and of course the 5 lug design. Thanks in advance for your help.

PHAmastermason

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here at my dealership, I was told one of the customers who bought a ridgeline, placed 22" wheels on it. He believes all is well with it, I personally haven't seen any trucks with the big boys on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are some really good topics on wheels here on ROC.
Do a search.

Biggest considerations that I took away from my research were:
TPMS - a great system, one you'll loose if you don't shop carefully.

Tire load rating - occasionally hauling a full load? you'll want to match the current load rating on the Michelins - 150 (I think) if not you might be at risk.

Cheers,
Ceis

·
Registered
256 Posts
All I can say is this.... HRE 540R 20's. That would be hard. If I had the $$ in my pocket right now, I would so put these on my Ridge.

P.s. $6100 without tires.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
My tire guy told me anything past 20's, you would have clearance issues with the truck while turning. We check with a guy he knows from Honda. I put 20's on my Ridgeline and it's great!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
to Phamastermason
We just picked up our new Ridgeline last week Thursday we were going to get the Honda chrome wheels but for the cost we were able to put 20" rims with new tires for under 1700.00. My tire guy also said because of the way the mudflaps where we would not have enough clearence to put on the 22" rims. It looks awesome with the 20" on. Soon we will be sending a picture with it all decked out. We have certainly been turning a lot of heads driving down the street.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I too have 20's. They fit fine. I was told by my tire guy that most 22's were a 10 inch wide wheel and there is not enough room in the turning radius, the wheel would hit the body when turning sharp. But I have seen one in here w/ 22's but can't remember who.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Guys,
I'm very interested on replacing the OEM wheels. How did you guys handled the issue with the tire pressure sensors. Thanks !

·
Registered
176 Posts
RLonfire said:
Hello Guys,
I'm very interested on replacing the OEM wheels. How did you guys handled the issue with the tire pressure sensors. Thanks ![/QUOTE

I went to my parts dept. and purchased 4 more and took them to Les Schwab and had them install them, they work great.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am interested in 17 inch tires, worried about "problems" with bigger tires.

Who has the best 17's out there.

Pictures please

·
Registered
511 Posts
I went to the Rims-n-Tires link above and they have 22" tire & wheel packages garanteed to fit the RL with no modifications. They claim NO rubbing & NO clearence issues or you get a full refund including shipping. They don't specifically mention the TPMS sensors but to me, garanteed to fit with no mods etc. would mean all the rims listed would be compatable. They have some great looking rims. If I get some, they'll be 20". I've heard that low profile tires like 20" and above wear very quickly (around 15k miles) so you'll be replacing the tires offten. 20" tires are becoming common enough that prices are around $150. Tires for bigger rims seem to be much more expensive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
remember the bigger the rim the less tire you have so its gonna be a different ride , me personnely I'm proberly gonna get 18's in chrome , I have the redrock pearl and 20inch where i live make for a bad drive due to so many potholes

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
RLonfire said:
Hello Guys,
I'm very interested on replacing the OEM wheels. How did you guys handled the issue with the tire pressure sensors. Thanks !
Have your tire dealer use a sleeve or wash around the valve stem before he installs them to your new rims. It has been working on mine since the 5th of July and I have not had any issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
This thread goes to show there are all sorts of people attracked to the Ridgeline. Some people are complaining about getting 18mpg at $3/gal and others are spending $3000 to replace brand new wheels and tires. It takes all kinds to make a world. As I like to say "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla." I feel thankful that we all get to make these choices.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The only thing you have to do to keep the sensors working when you change wheels is to move the stock valve stems to the new wheels. Oh course that means no chrome valve stems on the shiney new wheels.... :(

Does anyone make an aftermarket stem in chrome? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Spritegeezer said:
I feel thankful that we all get to make these choices.
Thankful indeed! I'll second that.

We have good people (mostly volunteers) giving their lives daily to protect our free choices.

How fortunate we all are.

Joe

·
Registered
40 Posts
NO ONE ELSE CAN TELL YOU BETTER ABOUT HAVING 22'S ON YOUR RIDGELINE THEN ME I BELIEVE I WAS THE FIRST ONE ON THIS FORUMS WITH 22'S IM NOT SURE IF SOMEONE ELSE HAVE THEM NOW ON THE FORUM. OK MY EXPERIENCE WITH 22'S IS THAT I THINK THEY WORK JUST FINE AND LOOK SICK. SOMEONE MENTIONED SOMETHING ABOUT THE BIGGER THE WHEELS THE LESS TIRE YOU GET WELL THAT IS TRUE BUT YOU SHOULD SEE HOW NICE MY RIDGE HANDLES IN THE CURVES OH YESSSSSS . THE CLEARENCE IS PERFECT IM RUNNIG SCORPIO PIRRELIS 265/35/R22 . NO RUBBING IN HERE. MY TRUCK HAS NOW LIKE 11 THOUSAND MILES AND THE TIRES ARE STILL 70% LIFE TREATH. I HAVE TOWING EVEN MY CORVETTE AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH HANDLING OR OTHER ISSUES. ABOUT THE SENSORS I M USING THE SAME SENSORS FROM THE STOCK WHEELS THEY TOOK THEM OFF AND PUT THEM ON THE 22'S. ANYWAYS WHATEVER IM SAYING IS FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE AND I CAN TELL YOU IM VERY HAPPY I DID CUZ THIS RIDGE IS A HEAD TURNER WHATEVER I GO JAJAJAJAJAJ.. HERE IS THE THREAD OF MY RIDGELINE.
THANKS AND GOOD LUCK.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here are mine...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts