Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ROC, I'm excited to be joining with a new 2022 RTL-E that I picked up this last weekend! Just over 150 miles on it and I love it so far. Super comfortable and I can tell it's going to be perfect for me.
I have a few little things I'm worried about and I'd love to get some perspective from the forum. Seeing as it's a brand new truck I'm trying to decide if I should burn a day or more bringing it back to the dealer to have them look at it especially after spending this much.
  • Yesterday after starting up and selecting Drive, the gauge cluster very briefly (1-2 seconds) flashed a warning "Stop Driving When Safe. Transmission Problem. See Manual" then shifted itself into neutral and the message disappeared. I waited a moment, selected Drive again, and it happened once more the same way. After that, no indication of any problem and it drove normally. It didn't blink as described in the owner's manual.
  • Rattles from the dashboard going over rough road (which unfortunately is a lot of California). One in the middle maybe from the speaker grille, and another from the left side, maybe the air vent? I searched and didn't find many other rattle posts for gen 2 on the forum. They are minor, more of a buzzing noise, but I know it's going to bug me.
  • One last ticky tacky thing. I noticed when closing the driver door the window trim above the handle doesn't seem super well attached and clicks a little bit when pushed.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
22,739 Posts
Welcome to the Ridgeline Owners Club, @MarkWarwick!

• Yesterday after starting up and selecting Drive, the gauge cluster very briefly (1-2 seconds) flashed a warning "Stop Driving When Safe. Transmission Problem. See Manual" then shifted itself into neutral and the message disappeared. I waited a moment, selected Drive again, and it happened once more the same way. After that, no indication of any problem and it drove normally. It didn't blink as described in the owner's manual.
Another member or two has reported this occurrence. There's no cause for alarm yet, but it's something to keep an eye on.

• Rattles from the dashboard going over rough road (which unfortunately is a lot of California). One in the middle maybe from the speaker grille, and another from the left side, maybe the air vent? I searched and didn't find many other rattle posts for gen 2 on the forum. They are minor, more of a buzzing noise, but I know it's going to bug me.
Buzzes from the center speaker, rattles from the front door cards, and creaks/pops from the rear window are not unusual in 2017-2022 Ridgelines.

• One last ticky tacky thing. I noticed when closing the driver door the window trim above the handle doesn't seem super well attached and clicks a little bit when pushed.
Same with my '21.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Ridgeline Owners Club, @MarkWarwick!

Another member or two has reported this occurrence. There's no cause for alarm yet, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Buzzes from the center speaker, rattles from the front door cards, and creaks/pops from the rear window are not unusual in 2017-2022 Ridgelines.

Same with my '21.
Thanks, @zroger73 I think this all makes me feel better! I'll dig into the forums a bit further to see what others have reported...

·
Registered
2021 RTL
68 Posts
If you're talking about the belt molding, mine was loose as well to the point it could be lifted right up.

There's a plastic tab on the molding that doesn't lock down properly to the sheet metal in the door. I had to remove the molding, heat the tab up a bit with a heat gun and flex it a touch further to hold a new position. Then reinstall until it clicked down. Been fine since.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have some rattling in my 22 dash. My 18 had it worse over time. It sounds like it’s near the push button start or maybe in the steaming column. It’s a very high pitched rapid rattle even on smooth roads. Describing sounds in text is hard but I’m going to give it a shot. Imagine you got a piece of paper and lightly brushed the edge of it against a comb ever so slightly. If that makes sense. Sometimes it drives me absolutely crazy. I’m still waiting for a door replacement for a manufacturing defect. I might have to mention this sound, too, though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello ROC, I'm excited to be joining with a new 2022 RTL-E that I picked up this last weekend! Just over 150 miles on it and I love it so far. Super comfortable and I can tell it's going to be perfect for me.
I have a few little things I'm worried about and I'd love to get some perspective from the forum. Seeing as it's a brand new truck I'm trying to decide if I should burn a day or more bringing it back to the dealer to have them look at it especially after spending this much.
View attachment 421593
I experienced the buzz as well, left dashboard area for me didn’t actually noticed it less in 2017 black edition than the current 2021 black edition. Had a custom stereo shop check it out with a tool they use to detect rattles but no luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
I love that truck. I think a black RTLE looks better than a black BE.

That's just me
I was just thinking the same thing. I don’t remember seeing the black and chrome before. It looks really nice. I like the chrome on my pewter too. If I had a black and chrome one I think I would consider some chrome rims too so I’m glad I don’t have to make that decision. Haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts