·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hey PlainWhiteRidge,

Not very plain anymore! Looks killer! Do they rub at all?:D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have to say those wheels look slightly out of place on the Ridgeline. Not sure why. I am sure a lot of people will like the way they look but I am not all that into it. I guess it is cool that you did it and like it and I got to see them on your truck and know they won't work for mine. But then again, I am really a plain sort of guy, I like my cars to look stock and really almost never add anything to them. The most I tend to add is a decal for the college I went to and a static cling flag to a window.

One thing I would be curious of is if you kept your old tires in the event that you know you will want the normal tread for some activity like cargo in the back and the like. Also what is the load rating on the new wheel/tire combination?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry it took awhile to get back too you.

5S dude, thanks for the comments, only rubbed once, extreme u-turn, hit a bump.

Captmiddy, The tires are rated at 2910lb each, not real sure about the rims, but should be pretty decent since they are made for SUV's (Time will tell). Saved the old ones in case I need too road trip for a long distance or load something, that equals about 5% of my vehicle usage (I have a compressor, floor jack and air tools, will take me an hour too change if needs be). Bought the truck as a nice alternative too my old SUV and I like Honda products a lot.

fraz, I can't think of anything else to warn about, I really like the look and doing something like this always seems too come with some sacrafice, but I've been real happy so far.
:D :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
looks good i was looking into some 22 my only concern was rubbing

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
PlainWhiteRidge said:
Sorry it took awhile to get back too you.

5S dude, thanks for the comments, only rubbed once, extreme u-turn, hit a bump.

Captmiddy, The tires are rated at 2910lb each, not real sure about the rims, but should be pretty decent since they are made for SUV's (Time will tell). Saved the old ones in case I need too road trip for a long distance or load something, that equals about 5% of my vehicle usage (I have a compressor, floor jack and air tools, will take me an hour too change if needs be). Bought the truck as a nice alternative too my old SUV and I like Honda products a lot.

fraz, I can't think of anything else to warn about, I really like the look and doing something like this always seems too come with some sacrafice, but I've been real happy so far.
:D :D
Thanks PlainWhiteRidge,

I think I'll stick to the 20"s. Love your black on white look. I've been swamped with a small startup company of mine but I intend to go "black on black" as soon as I'm able. Tell me your thoughts.

Ron

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5S dude I think that looks hot :D , I actually started going with all black wheels without the polished lip, but changed my mind when they put the 2 side by side.

I'm a big fan of blacked out vehicles, makes 'em look mean, I just didn't want the care required on black paint (had it in the past), I'm lazy when it comes to that.

I went for the black to play off of the black accents on the base Ridge, door handles, mirrors and stuff. I'm real pleased with it and think you'd be too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
They both look great, but I agree with the upkeep on the black exterior. Nothing looks better than a clean black vehicle, just hard to keep it that way, at least here in the Northwest. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, you haven't had any problems with fitment of your 22 x 9 rims, except the one time it rubbed when making a sharp u-turn right? Also, you have 40 series tires and said the difference in ride isn't that much noticeable too. I want to get 22's and 265 45 or 50 series tires; you know have a little more rubber to fill in the wheel wells. In your opinion, would getting 22x9 rims with 265/45 or 50 series tires work?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DD'sRidge said:
So, you haven't had any problems with fitment of your 22 x 9 rims, except the one time it rubbed when making a sharp u-turn right? Also, you have 40 series tires and said the difference in ride isn't that much noticeable too. I want to get 22's and 265 45 or 50 series tires; you know have a little more rubber to fill in the wheel wells. In your opinion, would getting 22x9 rims with 265/45 or 50 series tires work?
I am still very happy with the ride of my truck with the 40 series. I have gone over railroad track crossings (paved) and speed bumps with no issues at all. Only rubbed the once.

I went with the size because it came the closest to the original overall tire and rim diameter. Here's a handy tool for answering questions and calculating tire related questions http://www.1010tires.com/tech.asp.

I couldn't find a 45 series in the 265 and I think although 50 series would work, you may end up with a little more rubbing than I've run into, but that's just speculation on my part.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I'm with 5S Dude, I like the 20's for the width of rubber on the road and I didn't want to change the height of the truck or interfere with the turning radius. The 22's look good on yours, but I perfer these....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Toobuku, I like the look of your 20's a lot :D , the truck sits nice. I guess that's why they have a million different styles of wheels when you start looking for a set, because we all have our own individual tastes and nobody's is better than the other.

Being from Norcal, I was going too say something really funny or tasteless about Raider fans (which we have everywhere around here), but then I read the "What do you do?" thread. ;)

Thanks for the post and comments.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've actually found some rims that are 22x8.5 on a website. Someone posted a reply to my question and said that the BMW X5 has the same bolt pattern at our Ridgelines (5x120). The wheels I found have an offset of 37; which should be fine. The offset posted on www.bigwheels.net for the Ridgeline is 30-45. Does anyone think buying these wheels will work based on the offset or should I continue looking for other 22's? The tires I really like are NITTO NT-555 265/40ZR22 so I think I will purchase those even if I don't get the wheels mentioned above.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DD'sRidge said:
I've actually found some rims that are 22x8.5 on a website. Someone posted a reply to my question and said that the BMW X5 has the same bolt pattern at our Ridgelines (5x120). The wheels I found have an offset of 37; which should be fine. The offset posted on www.bigwheels.net for the Ridgeline is 30-45. Does anyone think buying these wheels will work based on the offset or should I continue looking for other 22's? The tires I really like are NITTO NT-555 265/40ZR22 so I think I will purchase those even if I don't get the wheels mentioned above.

The ones I have are a 35 offset. I can't imagine 2mm's making a huge difference, especially when I read the same as you about the offset range you mentioned. I say if you like 'em, go for 'em.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I emailed the website where I will buy the rim and tire package from. Told them about the 30-45 offset I found on another site and he said that 30 is too low and that OEM offset is 50. He did say that since the wheels I want have a 37 offset, they will still work but is too low for them to guarantee fitment if any problems arise. I'm still going to get them since they are about the only 22's that I like from all the searching I've done. One other cool thing is that when I sent the initial email, it was from my military work email address. He recognized that and told me that I'm eligible for a 5% military discount. ($137.91 - $2,758.36 = $2,620.45 :D ) Any kind of discount is a plus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Plain White...How come when I search for your rims, it says they are not compatible with ridgelines. Actually most sites i look at only show 20"s as being compatible. What's the deal...I don't know ish about sizes, offsets, oem, blah blah blah...I just wanna get my pimp on haha.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DD'sRidge I look forward to seeing the pics when you get them.

Antmoney1 said:
Plain White...How come when I search for your rims, it says they are not compatible with ridgelines. Actually most sites i look at only show 20"s as being compatible. What's the deal...I don't know ish about sizes, offsets, oem, blah blah blah...I just wanna get my pimp on haha.

Antmoney1 I ran into the same thing while looking online, I probably even saw the site you looked at (I think it was Wheelmax.com). The only thing I can say is, when I spoke with the guy I bought the wheels from, he offered them as an option, I bought them and they have worked out fine so far. Even took them on a little trip to the Norcal Bay Area this week for work and they performed really well.

They are a true 5 X 120 lug pattern and the offset worked fine, the center hub seems too be a snug fit also, don't think they are what's called "Hubcentric" but they don't wobble and I've been well into the 80 plus MPH with them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
5S Dude said:
Thanks PlainWhiteRidge,

I think I'll stick to the 20"s. Love your black on white look. I've been swamped with a small startup company of mine but I intend to go "black on black" as soon as I'm able. Tell me your thoughts.

Ron
My same sentiments...looking at a pair of black 22's for my black RTL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts