Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past weekend we took a road trip to our camp in Maine. 4 hours 15minutes door to door 235 miles. 21 MPG. the ride was great. This was the first highway trip with the ridge. The ride was well, great. best highway ride I have had in long time.

We keep 2 snowmobiles at the camp and only bring them home once a year to get them ready for the upcoming winter.

the overall towing experience was good. in the mountains the tranny was shifting a lot, I expected that, but the ridge kept the speed right where I set the cruise control. On the highway I couldn't feel the weight of the trailer at all. I cruised about 70 PMH on the main highway and passing was no problem at all. plenty of power to go around. Breaking was good too!. This trailer doesn't have break assist I expected to lean on the break more than normal, I was wrong. breaking felt about the same. My guess is that I was towing about 1500-1750 pounds in all.

By the way, while towing the ridgeline got 15 MPG, I'm good with that. most of the driving on the way was was down hill. LOL after all I was driving from North to south.

Anyway, the weather was perfect and apple picking was too!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Nice pics -- thanks for posting!

L

·
0 Posts
Hey buddy....nice looking forest ya got there!!! Cool snowmobiles. I use to ride in my day as a young dumb girl who drove too fast and hit too many slopes trying to be Evil Knievel?? (sp) What a great part of my life. We owned 356 acres here in Ohio and most of it I used for my horses and my snowmobile. Thanks for bringing back such nice and crazy memories I had forgotten about.

L

·
0 Posts
ladyridge said:
Hey buddy....nice looking forest ya got there!!! Cool snowmobiles. I use to ride in my day as a young dumb girl who drove too fast and hit too many slopes trying to be Evil Knievel?? (sp) What a great part of my life. We owned 356 acres here in Ohio and most of it I used for my horses and my snowmobile. Thanks for bringing back such nice and crazy memories I had forgotten about.
Looks like a great place for a ROC party next year!! :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Great Pix. I can't wait to get back to Upstate NY and start snowmobiling again. My last sled was 89 Indy 500. I bet the technology has changed quite a bit since then. We used to ride on Tug Hill if you know where that is.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know of tug hill. buts sounds like a fun one.

the purple sled is a 97 indy sport. The kids used that one to learn on. stills runs great nicks and dings from the 15 year old who thinks she speed racer. she has found a few trees in her time.

The classic 550 sports a lot of new features. kids don't touch that one, ever. I recommend however, to buy nothing short 0f a 600, if you can afford it look at the 800s.

I burned up a belt on the indy one year driving full throttle in a snow storm over an almost frozen lake. could'nt see a thing, every snow drift was bigger than the last, the sled was covered as i drove. when I got back home and checked it out, i found the belt shredded and barely held together. I was a little lucky not to get stuck on the lake.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ladyridge said:
Sounds like the perfect place to sled, I have 10,000 acres right hehind the sleds. the problem is that I only own 12 acres of it. The rest belongs to the white mountains.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I loved your pictures. Glad to here the towing is good. I'm about to have a hitch put on mine along with brake assist. Winter is coming on.:cool:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SnowRidge said:
I loved your pictures. Glad to here the towing is good. I'm about to have a hitch put on mine along with brake assist. Winter is coming on.:cool:
Make sure they test the wiring harness on both connectors Before you take it home. I went to tow with mine the first time, guess what, the lights didn't work. I had to take it in to get it working. I read on this forum somewhere mine was not the only one delivered not working

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Where in Maine is this? I also bought 25 acres up in northern Maine but I couldn't get my family to agree that we wanted to build a camp there. We already own a camp but only have 1 acre there and can't change much since it is on reservation land (we bought before the land was returned to the native American tribes in Maine). That looks like a nice hunting area, is there any water around the area you are in?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
captmiddy said:
Where in Maine is this? I also bought 25 acres up in northern Maine but I couldn't get my family to agree that we wanted to build a camp there. We already own a camp but only have 1 acre there and can't change much since it is on reservation land (we bought before the land was returned to the native American tribes in Maine). That looks like a nice hunting area, is there any water around the area you are in?

this is stoneham ME, right between N. Conway and portland north off 302 by about 25 mile. Kezar lake one of the biggest lakes is close by. a nice lake at the end of the road has its own water fall, spring fed, always flowing. very clean and colod all the time. Big giant bass always present.

Moose and deer droppings found in the yard almost every trip. It was a big joke with the kids, me always taking them for walks and showing them moose and deer droppings, bringing some home for show and tell to the wife.

Anyway, big buck 250 plus scraping up the trees. I had my sights on him last year, but didn't have a shot that I thought was right. Tough not to pull the trigger, but I would hate to wound the animal and have him run off.

Tons of turkeys the last couple of years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts