Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ROC,

I'm looking at getting some new tires for my 2013 Sport - I've narrowed it down to the Yokohama Geolander ATS.

Factory size is 245/60/18 with a total width of 29.6" - if I go with a 265/60/18 (total width of 30.5") will I have rubbing issues? That is a total difference of 0.9" in width so .45" on each side of the wheel.

I just want to fill up the wheel well with a little bit more rubber - any thoughts suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
5,700 Posts
Hey ROC,

I'm looking at getting some new tires for my 2013 Sport - I've narrowed it down to the Yokohama Geolander ATS.

Factory size is 245/60/18 with a total width of 29.6" - if I go with a 265/60/18 (total width of 30.5") will I have rubbing issues? That is a total difference of 0.9" in width so .45" on each side of the wheel.

I just want to fill up the wheel well with a little bit more rubber - any thoughts suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Did you check the Sticky Thread (Ultimate Tire Fitment) in this sub-forum?:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...nsions/33758-ultimate-tire-fitment-chart.html

· Registered
4,380 Posts
Awesome thanks for the link - so the fitment chart says "MAYBE" for rubbing - anyone out there running 265/60/18's on their RL?
What matters on size or anything over stock is the brand and tire you choose from that brand. Its just to close to call, the face shape is a big factor even in a stock size let alone something just .05" - 1.00" wider. Do your home work and double check size on what you like vs stock size and make your call if it will rub or not, no matter what it will be very close. I have Mich.245-70-17 LTX AT2s with a lift and no rub. I have read people with the same size tire but different brand and lift that get rub. I have also read people that have put on same size tire without lift and no rub, go figure. Honda dont want anyone doin anything with there truck like it or not. Many that were on here that did anything kind of major have been gone long time ago,MIAs.....Would like to go wider on mine but am afraid of issues.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What matters on size or anything over stock is the brand and tire you choose from that brand. Its just to close to call, the face shape is a big factor even in a stock size let alone something just .05" - 1.00" wider. Do your home work and double check size on what you like vs stock size and make your call if it will rub or not, no matter what it will be very close. I have Mich.245-70-17 LTX AT2s with a lift and no rub. I have read people with the same size tire but different brand and lift that get rub. I have also read people that have put on same size tire without lift and no rub, go figure. Honda dont want anyone doin anything with there truck like it or not. Many that were on here that did anything kind of major have been gone long time ago,MIAs.....Would like to go wider on mine but am afraid of issues.
Thanks for the input northernlights - I searched for alternative tire sizes on the web based on the size chart and I think I have two options for a slightly bigger tire:

General Grabber AT2 - 255/60/18
Yokohama Geolandar ATS - 265/60/18

Or I can just stay with the OEM size 245/60/18 in that same Yokohama tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.