·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"rightclick image & open in new tab for more details"
;)

I like it ...>:)

~~~~~

Again, for the reverse..gonna get some night shots later.(http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/2148705-post45.html)

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/138-second-generation-2017/137394-ridgeline-gen2-picture-thread-29.html#post2132434

Also...check out new gallery when this was installed...have some under carriage snapshots there, especially the "C601 plug" area ! ...etc.

Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums - UnicornKaz's Album: New tires :) ( and NEW reverse LED )

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks good! I have those on my Silverado and love them, so I'll be looking to get them on my Ridge when it comes in. I'd be interested to know if you lose mpg with these. I took about a 1.5mpg hit when I put them on this truck.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
>:)

On further looking at the bigger pics...body designed matching lines against the silhouette.. My BE does have CLEAN lines in terms of fitments !! loving it ! :grin:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have to ask what do you do with the tires that came on the truck? The new ones have to set you back close to 1k.
Original stock tires are worth $140 CDN
http://www.firestonetire.ca/tire/destination-le-2

Kal Tire said they normally gives 50% for trade in but will give me $80/EA since they're a week old. ( the particular rep even mentioned trying to get me a hundred for each since they're brand new ! ) but $80 seems a fair price and saves me from having to advertised & such..etc.

The Terra Grappler G2 are close to $300 CDN/EA
https://shop.kaltire.com/tiresdetails1/tireid/10567/

So I'm looking at $1200 Plus 13% taxes + various fees/charges
AROUND $1400+ CDN

The trade in offset the taxes...My original quote was almost $1100

now here's the bonus/lucky part
showed up on the day of appointment...tires are not there...something went wrong with the order ( system glitch ? )

They apologized and got back to me a couple days later and basically they have to make another order and expedite it ..etc.

So, I got my tires done a week later...the service was awesome...they extra discounted me for all the trouble/hiccups I went through.

At the end ??

$835 CDN out the door ! ( they knocked off another $250 for all the troubles ) >:):grin:

And...the service comes with the purchase is second to none.
https://www.kaltire.com/customer-care-plan/

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can you post a link to where you got the reverse lights or what they are? I saw your night photos and those things look insane.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think it looks great. Meatier without being nuts. Did you get a 5th tire to replace the spare or is it a close enough size to not mess up the AWD components of you have to use it?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I think it looks great. Meatier without being nuts. Did you get a 5th tire to replace the spare or is it a close enough size to not mess up the AWD components of you have to use it?
I'll be looking for matching size (255/55/18) on a steel rim in the near future and mounted at the designated spot on the left front of the bed :)

The current spare is ok but it's best use only to get you by until repaired.
Full matching size spare let you continue to carry on what you were doing ;)

Anyone knows if we can lock it so it doesn't get stolen if the spare were to be mounted there ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I think you are very smart to get a matching spare to avoid damaging the AWD system if you ever need to run more than a few miles on it. For example, Subaru says tire diameter needs to match within 1/8" on all 4 wheels to avoid excessive wear to its AWD system. So one can only imagine what kind of stress might be applied to the iVTM-4 when running one tire (the spare) that's 1.5" smaller in diameter. Regarding a lock for the bed-mounted spare, I'm thinking Honda has thought of that. If not, it shouldn't be too hard to rig up on your own.

I asked the Jsport guys if the Ridgeline Chase kit included a replacement compact spare tire to match the 1" larger diameter tires on the modified truck. I didn't get an answer but will keep trying.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
...The current spare is ok but it's best use only to get you by until repaired...
So here's a question that you might be able to answer. Does it look to you like a compact spare that's 1" larger in diameter will still fit in the spare tire tray in the trunk? I know you are planning to mount a full size spare on the bed wall, but I'm asking this because I would still want to match the compact spare to the upsized tires I mounted on the truck. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So here's a question that you might be able to answer. Does it look to you like a compact spare that's 1" larger in diameter will still fit in the spare tire tray in the trunk? I know you are planning to mount a full size spare on the bed wall, but I'm asking this because I would still want to match the compact spare to the upsized tires I mounted on the truck. Thanks!
I don't think a larger spare would fit in the tray..it might but since the tray have groove for the wheel...it might not sit properly ?

as for me.. reason I want mounted on the bed is for easy access and not having to worry about accessing the trunk while having a load in the bed...plus, it's common sense to have matching size to not offset the tire rotation..etc. :grin:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts