Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this size? I have a lift and its time for some new tires. Will there be any rubbing issues?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I don't have the lift but did go with 245 70 and there seems to be a little room left in there, so I would assume with the lift the 255 should fit!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I recently changed the tires and wheels set up i had on my 2012 RL i was using OEM 18 inch wheels and 265/60R18, and got the opportunity to change the wheels to the OEM 17 inch from a 2009 RL and mounted a 265/70R17 tire, there is very little rubbing in the front with the mud splash guards, nothing that will affect the tire wear or damage the mud guards, so far they feel great, i was looking for a more cushion ride having more sidewall on the tire and it feels better, not night and day difference but it is noticeable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Baha Adventurer, have you noted any changes in gas mileage? I am moving to a similar setup and was looking at this tire size?

I recently changed the tires and wheels set up i had on my 2012 RL i was using OEM 18 inch wheels and 265/60R18, and got the opportunity to change the wheels to the OEM 17 inch from a 2009 RL and mounted a 265/70R17 tire, there is very little rubbing in the front with the mud splash guards, nothing that will affect the tire wear or damage the mud guards, so far they feel great, i was looking for a more cushion ride having more sidewall on the tire and it feels better, not night and day difference but it is noticeable.
View attachment 397285

·
Registered
76 Posts
Baha Adventurer, have you noted any changes in gas mileage? I am moving to a similar setup and was looking at this tire size?
I have not notice a significant difference, in anyway of you are driving on high RPM's the V-TEC system will kick in and the gas consumption will be greater. For now the difference is minimun, an advantage you have in the USA is that the octane in the fuel is greater than here in México so better fuel efficiency, here the best we have is 92 octane, not bad but i think there are better gas with higher octane.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts