Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The 17" steel rims I found for sale have been cleaned up and painted, they look pretty good with winter tires mounted. After comparing tires on Consumer Reports website, I chose to go with General Tire's Grabber Arctic winter tires.
Running boards and bull bar removed. There's a cat in the background, I do believe the changes to the truck are cat approved ; ^ )

7663CAF5-3650-4498-A7C2-927899BC399B.jpeg

We took a couple of trips this weekend, yesterday we drove the RL out to the light house at Peggy's Cove.

F429F78C-0039-4FC9-8E53-C0ECF5EA3D1B.jpeg

Early this morning we drove out on a longer trip to Halls Harbour. I knew the restaurant and lobster pound were closed for the season but I was hoping we could catch the tide being out when we arrived. Halls Harbour on the Bay of Fundy.

tempImagenV5UML.jpg tempImageKd1vec.jpg

Tomorrow I'm off to have the undercarriage undercoated and inside the body (rocker panels, etc) sprayed as well.

2d1c
: ^ )

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,288 Posts
@2dogs1cat i can’t recall if you posted pictures of the steel wheels and if so where, but they look great. I am going to assume that you got the steel wheels lug nuts when you purchased them. I only asked as I recently read a post on Facebook about a member of the one of the Ridgeline groups that had the wrong lugs (cannot recall if they were alloys with steel lugs or vis-versa) but just be sure you have the correct ones

Ok to use alloy lugs on steel wheels uhh probably not

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
@2dogs1cat i can’t recall if you posted pictures of the steel wheels and if so where, but they look great. I am going to assume that you got the steel wheels lug nuts when you purchased them. I only asked as I recently read a post on Facebook about a member of the one of the Ridgeline groups that had the wrong lugs (cannot recall if they were alloys with steel lugs or vis-versa) but just be sure you have the correct ones

Ok to use alloy lugs on steel wheels uhh probably not
Yes, you are right, I snapped a photo of them earlier in this thread. The owner said they were from a 2007. Lug nuts didn't come with the rims, only the little miniature hub cap centre disk things. I've read ROC threads referring to Bernardi Parts so I looked them up to find what else I needed for the rims. I confirmed that the P/N for the steel rims (#4) and lug nuts (#15) were the same in 2007 and 2011. I bought the lug nuts 90304-SHJ-A01 (#15) from Honda, I was a bit surprised they had enough of them for me in stock. There are other threads in ROC that talk about TPMS sensors. I asked the same dealership about the TPMS sensors and they gave me 42753-SHJ-A53 (#21), and I also bought the valve nut (#22) and valve washer (#23). I took the rims and all the parts to Pudgey Tire, they installed everything together and when I drove out of the parking lot, the TPMS Indicator did not come on : ^ )
Sorry Carsmak, I never thought to post photos of the parts in this thread. Thanks for the heads up regarding having the right lug nuts for the right rims.
Take care.
2d1c

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
These are the lug nuts that came with the original rims.
C7962183-24B0-4F23-86C4-6E71B238E4DC.jpeg 0AB329C4-F71F-45F3-BD6D-937B071FEB6D.jpeg

Before and after undercoating...should keep the rust away a little longer.
DFFE71B2-A9E0-4808-BDB7-CF39D9F410BB.jpeg 40DB16C4-3A45-4105-BFE7-A4A2D5535674.jpeg

We went for a Sunday drive on Saturday up to Masstown Market for a peek in the shop. The Mrs bought a few groceries and Christmas cards while I stayed away from the crowd by wandering around outside. She was pretty happy to come across a container of chicken bones to satisfy her sweet tooth.
E789B298-C742-4E33-8DE3-A6E84110CE23.jpeg 267BDD00-23BF-4B09-9E63-6932ADC6D489.jpeg 41067EFB-9D7D-42A5-94D4-502FF4A419C8.jpeg

I thought, what the heck, I'm taking pictures anyway, I'll photograph some flagpoles. National and Provincial flags....and you have three guesses to identify the last blue, white, red flag with a yellow star : ^ )

D52B5EFA-ACA6-4B6D-9D6F-3D20D656C300.jpeg

The Acadian National Flag. I didn't know Acadians were part of our culture until we moved here from out west, pretty cool.

When I start the truck at temperatures below 5C (41F), I hear a moan, not a groan coming from somewhere close to the centre of the windshield. I want to take a video so you can hear it and post the link up over in the Problems sub forum.

Other than that, I'm really happy with my truck, first one ever. We rode in the Mrs Forester the other day, I forgot how bad the suspension is going over our crappy roads. I'm spoiled, the RL takes all the lumps and bumps in stride. When I read comments on ROC that folks miss their RL, I get it now.

2d1c

21 - 24 of 24 Posts