Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 w/80,000mi. Love the truck. Don't love that both back doors in the last few weeks are not locking.

I noticed when recently I wasn't able to open back door when others were locked. Unfortunately the same is true. When coming back from the store the back door did not lock like the others. Long story short, sometimes it will not unlock, sometimes it will not unlock. Usually the back door on driver side but now happening on passenger rear door as well.

Any assistance or ideas appreciated. I've tried jiggling the locks and the child resistant switch repeatedly. Starts working properly for a few days but back at it again after a while.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
635 Posts
2017 w/80,000mi. Love the truck. Don't love that both back doors in the last few weeks are not locking.

I noticed when recently I wasn't able to open back door when others were locked. Unfortunately the same is true. When coming back from the store the back door did not lock like the others. Long story short, sometimes it will not unlock, sometimes it will not unlock. Usually the back door on driver side but now happening on passenger rear door as well.

Any assistance or ideas appreciated. I've tried jiggling the locks and the child resistant switch repeatedly. Starts working properly for a few days but back at it again after a while.

Thank you!
Do you have an aftermarket tailgate lock? I think those are hooked into the rear door wiring. If so, it could be a poor splice or corrosion in one of the splices. I’ve also heard if some issues with the door lock actuators.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Olgzr, good idea. I did not do any aftermarket locking mechanism on the tailgate. Everything on this vehicle is stock.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts