Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, CR picks the best model from 10 different categories to produce their list. "Compact pickup" is a category with only one winner...but that's no surprise because their reviews of the Ridgeline, Tacoma and Colorado (gas and diesel) have been out for awhile now, with the Ridgeline handily outscoring the competition. For what it's worth...

(The Frontier is considered too hopelessly outdated to compete, although it still has fans.)

·
Registered
741 Posts
The true mistake of this list is calling the RL a "compact" pickup truck. It's true category is "mid-size" but if you go by cabin room, it's almost on par w/ "full-size" trucks. Heck, the Colorado/Canyon twins, Taco and Frontier are all "compact" in that department compared to the RL, that's for sure!

At any rate... congrats to Honda for at least getting some respect from the industry, even if the truck consumer world hasn't completely warmed up to the fact that this is indeed a "truck," yet.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
^^^^^^^^
The 9 months I owned the '16 Tacoma 4x4 Ltd were some of the most excruciating driving experiences I ever had in my life (and I owned a Ford Mustang II....:surprise:). A total miss on Toyota's part. I know they have their fans, and still (apparently, in spite of the quality problems for the new Gen) great resale value; however, having been a fan of Toyota's for years, I just don't get how they could produce such a sub-par vehicle...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts