Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off Danny (DK-NY) is great to work with, he is always there to answer questions and make right of any wrongs.

The Hood strut kit cant be any easier to install, great instructions which honestly you don't even need its that easy.

Here are a few pics of the strut kit mounted on my RL

The light kit is equally easy to install with another set of great instructions......honestly each kit literally takes about 20 mins each to install and even if you're no mechanic you can do it with ease.
Here are a few pics of my light kit installed

Here I have the wire run and its barely visible

Here is the ground switch installed

Night pics

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Tom, I hear there is even a iPhone app now that checks your oil, your transmission fluid, brake fluid, coolant level, windshield washer fluid, power steering fluid, cleans your air filter, replaces fuses, and even headlight bulbs... all things we used to have to open the hood for. Life is good : ) dk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Times have changed. I seldom need to open my hood or look at the engine these days. ;) Not much to do under the hood.
Its true its not so much a necessity these days but I'm constantly playing with my truck so I went for it.

Reactions: MJWayne

·
Super Moderator
5,335 Posts
I just installed the hood strut kit yesterday. Pretty straightforward with great directions. Much better than the ones included with the pop-n-lock, which I have also installed. Thank you, Danny. He even went ahead and performed some of the assembly steps to save us time, (bolt and washer attachment). I will be installing the light kit once the snow quits falling here in Denver.

My son loves Toyota's although now he has a WRX. He was happy that I am installing a light kit, because in his words, "a Honda is not a Toyota, and you will need to look under that hood a lot more often." We own 2 Honda's and 1 Toyota. He really likes my Ridgeline, but he just likes to dig me about it. He is a Tacoma man.

Reactions: ualramper

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Brad,

Glad to hear you are pleased with the G-2 Hood Strut Kit, looking forward to hearing from you about how you like the LED Light Kit also. Sorry to hear about your son being a Toyota owner, guess there is always one black sheep in every family :) Tell him the new kits on your Ridge are just so you can just look under the hood and appreciate the engineering, not cause you have to work on the engine ! Sounds like your summer in Denver is about like ours here in the North Country, we call it the 4th of July weekend. Best regards, Danny

Attachments

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I just received my G2 under hood light kit from Danny at DK-NY, pictured below. I'm very impressed! It's a high quality LED light bar in a sturdy harness, including all the parts, complete color illustrated instructions, and even included a drill bit and a trim removal tool (orange tool in pix). And it was priority mail delivered within 3 days of me ordering it from his eBay store.

What a nice business.... an enthusiast who cares about all the details to make mods like this a success. Thank you Danny!

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1493473730.437773.jpg

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Thom, thank you for your remarks. I am very pleased you like the LED Light Kit, as you can tell I am trying to provide high end products without all the shortcuts that so often compromise the quality and fit of aftermarket parts. Nothing 'Universal" or DIY parts you have to modify, everything is made just for the Ridgelines we own.

Best regards,

Danny

·
Super Moderator
5,335 Posts
Just finished installing the strut kit and the light kit from Danny. Looks and performs great. I may move the loom underneath the plastic ledge like ualramper did. Tonight I did move the wiring to the underside of the ledge and placed the wire that is hanging down a little in the middle (HID wiring) into the loom of the switch wiring and it looks much cleaner.

I was fiddling around with the HID wiring on the left side and rerouted it further away from the engine. That LED light on the hood made the job so much easier and my son was so happy--he did not need to be the light holder.

·
Registered
2018 Ridgeline BE
25 Posts
Allow me to raise this thread up from the dead. Got the hood strut + hood light combo and installed them today. Top notch quality! The entire kit is over-engineered to last the life of the truck if not longer. Heck, the hood struts work just fine with 1 strut! Danny thought of everything in this kit, all the tools you will need, even including spares, just in case. For the new G2 owners out there, give Danny a call and ask for the combo kit. You won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah, bought Danny's kit myself today actually....the prop rod doesn't lift the hood particularly high, It was difficult to see much of anything underneath the hood while trying to replace the low beam halogens with the PIAA LEDs. Danny gives us ROC'ers a very nice deal on the combo!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
As the ‘test’ install vehicle, I worked closely with Danny in the design and test installations leading to his Ridgeline Strut Kit, offered here on the ROC Forum and on his Ridgeline Mods eBay Site.
After a year’s worth of useage of both the struts and the hood mounted LED light strip, I’ve had zero problems, save for a Honda maintenance tech who didn’t bother to relate that he had snapped the plastic plunger off the light switch (which Danny readily replaced for Me)! Everyone who’s viewed the kit, at either the dealership or off hand when I demoed it, has been overly impressed with the straightforwardness of the design and ease of install.
This kit has become a ‘proven’ Ridgeline upgrade for so many of us here on the ROC Forum!
Danny and I both appreciate all your positive comments!
Thank You!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine were 115$ shipped to NH. Great quality product, top notch packing and accessories, even includes allen wrench and 10mm ratcheting wrench! Took a while to get shipped as he needed to make a new batch, but well worth waiting for.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi, yes no problem but I would just charge actual shipping to you for Canada when the time comes. I can invoice you for the kit via Paypal and then add the exact shipping as a separate Paypal payment request when we ship. Let me know if that sounds fair. Best regards, Danny K.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts