Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am trying to find a 2G rear seat removal video or pictures. I've found the 1G videos but I'm not sure it is the same as a 2G. The reason is I would like to make a slide in setup for camping. It would have accessibility from both sides for storage of clothes, small camp stove, small refrigerator, etc, and a sleeping area on top of it for a long one person road trip. This would also compliment a Roofnest or other pop up tent on the roof for 2 or 3 people camping. It may even be viable to build in a water less porta potty with throw away bags for those sometime road emergencies that pop up right after the road sign says "Next Services 100 miles". Gee, I hate that. As us older folks can attest too, Gee, I hate saying that too! So in closing thanks for the help if anyone can lead me in the right direction.

2017 Ridgeline
S-VCM
25.2 miles to the gallon last 1400 mile road trip.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,863 Posts
Illustrated instructions for the accessory trailer harness kit installation include rear seat removal step-by-step; 2017 version is here:

Hope that helps, have fun!

EDIT - FYI a couple of 2G pics from another (audio mods) forum hinting at what you'll expose:

Be forewarned, the seat is heavy, help to extract it from the cabin strongly encouraged to avoid damage / scratching trim, etc.

Hopefully you've already installed the door-check mod for better access to your camping setup (as well as for easier seat removal).

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,863 Posts
Woops, just realized that the pic I posted has the subwoofer (OE in all 2G models) removed!

Here's one from another angle with that bulky item 'intact' (albeit with a non-stock speaker in the OE enclosure) ..

Above pic 'stolen' from a thread on this forum, sorry, I didn't save the link for proper attribution.

More just FYI, realizing that might have an impact on your preliminary plan details.

Please do keep us posted on your project (hopefully with pics!), it sounds interesting :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts