Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ridgeline RTL-E Deep Scarlet Pearl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just bought my 2018 Ridgeline RTL-E with a damaged glove box and I have a replacement ordered and ready to install. I was hoping that looking at one without the lock cylinder installed would give me a good idea of how to pull the old lock cylinder out of the damaged glove box, but I still can't figure out how to get in there with a pick or a screwdriver to get at the clips holding it in place. I've seen instructions on YouTube but they're for a different model of glove box latch so they don't seem to work with the 2018 Ridgeline.

Has anybody else figured this out? Do have have to remove the latch next to the lock in order to get to the clip, or is it just something I'm not seeing?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,333 Posts
Does this thread help at all. Most owners take it to the dealer for replacement under warranty.

Reactions: Kiserai

·
Registered
2018 Touring (🍁) - Deep Scarlet Pearl
116 Posts
Judging by the info in the thread from @Sparkland and the parts diagram (attached) it looks like the plastic cover over the lock cylinder may just pop off if you use a trim removal tool/ small screwdriver. Then you may be able to access the release for the lock cylinder. The lock cylinder cover is a separate part (#22 in diagram) and doesn't appear to have any other screws holding it on from the backside. If your new box has a new part #22 on it, maybe you can just pick and pry at the old one to see how it comes off. Or, completely dismantle the old box to get at the backside of the opening/release mechanism from the inside, to see if there are plastic release tabs for that part #22, which may break if you pry from the front. Or simply put, just destroy everything you don't need to get the parts you do need.

f10268c90210afbf8ada6669ca358966.png

·
Registered
2018 Ridgeline RTL-E Deep Scarlet Pearl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to see what happens if I pop off that cover (part 22) and try to get the lock cylinder out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts