Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL AWD, Sport Grille
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Weekend road trip from Detroit area to Wisconsin and back, 3 passengers. Had 8 kitchen chairs in the back on the way over, some legs sticking slightly over the top of the cab, tonneau in place on the way back. Very light wind if any for most of both directions, gradual merging accelerations. Other than construction zones, cruise at 73 on the way over (70 zones) 27.4 mpg on dash, 26.2 manual calculation. Returning cruise at 73/74 with dash mpg of 27.9. Have yet to refill and manually calculate, will update

Edit: Manual calc on return 25.8 vs 27.9 dash. Assume 74 cruise effect vs 73. Gas pump difference possible too

Overall trip dash rating 27.6

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good result. Always wondering whether having some cargo in the bed would bring air dynamic benefit over added weight to gain in MPG.

·
Premium Member
Red 2017 RTL-E
931 Posts
Pretty reasonable. Best I have ever achieved is 32mpg (computer, so probably more like 30?) with tonneau and not much over 75 driving. 27-28mpg is more the norm when I am not trying to save gas.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL
7 Posts
Nice, I took my G2 RTL from Buffalo, NY to Chicago, IL last week. I took the southern route through Indy and got 25.2 MPG on the way there about 77 mph, and 24.8 on the way back to Buffalo. I had nothing in the bed (some stuff in the "trunk") and I don't have a tonneau cover. I'm very happy with the drive

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,682 Posts
My trip in my 2020 "E", was Pacific ocean to Atlantic and back in 11 days. Took place about 3 weeks ago. Overall Fuelly average for those 6430 miles was 22.58. (I never paid any attention to what the Ridge was telling me). That's 23 tanks of fuel along the way and averaging 85 miles an hour for much of the trip going and coming. I used CC 95 percent of the time. Longest leg was 1230 miles from Sioux Falls to Spokane in one day.

Thought I'd add that I have a Weathertech Rigid cover on mine with nothing but my bicycle under it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good result. Always wondering whether having some cargo in the bed would bring air dynamic benefit over added weight to gain in MPG.
I’d think that less weight yields better mpgs. Aero drag still there either way.

·
Registered
2009 EX-L
34 Posts
Weekend road trip from Detroit area to Wisconsin and back, 3 passengers. Had 8 kitchen chairs in the back on the way over, some legs sticking slightly over the top of the cab, tonneau in place on the way back. Very light wind if any for most of both directions, gradual merging accelerations. Other than construction zones, cruise at 73 on the way over (70 zones) 27.4 mpg on dash, 26.2 manual calculation. Returning cruise at 73/74 with dash mpg of 28.0. Have yet to refill and manually calculate, will update
Thanks for this! Did you fill up the last tank yet?

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Modern Steel Metallic
114 Posts
Computer-indicated 28.8 mpg's earlier this week driving 300 miles on a combo of interstate (73-75 mph) and two lane (60-65 mph) highways in Wisconsin and Michigan. Current tank at 27.2 mpg's on mostly interstate with a light load in the back that prevented the tonneau cover from being deployed. I'm very happy with the RL's gas mileage so far.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
255 Posts
Driving over mountainous and hilly stretches in Colorado on two long road trips totaling 1600 miles the best I have been able to get is just under 28. But that's an empty load with no head winds and on Eco most of the time. When I get head winds, however, it drops quite a bit. Overall, 6600 miles since delivery in April 2020, and with mostly city driving in Eco, I am averaging just under 21. Not bad. It is interesting that my mpg numbers truck vs. manual computations are very close, about .5/gallon.

·
Registered
643 Posts
The Ridgeline is very fuel efficient if driven easy. I regularly get 22mpg mostly driving around town with a few interstate jaunts tossed in. But if I drive it like a 16yo boy, I can just as easily see 17-18mpg.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another road trip to report, 1 person, tonneau, 73 in 70 zone, gradual merges, some construction:
28.5 dash vs 26.7 calc (6.7% high)
29.7 vs 27.8 calc (6.8% high)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts