Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used the money saved buying the RTL (over the RTL-E) and got the look I really wanted.
  • Pacific Pewter (still trying to figure out just what color that is)
  • HDP Grill
  • Running Boards
  • Roof Rack/Cross-bars
  • Flared Fenders
  • Black HDP wheels (still on order)

UPON ARRIVAL

AFTER OPTIONS

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,152 Posts
Those black HPD wheels are certainly hard to come by. I like the chameleon color changes of the Pacific Pewter better than the ones on the Radiant Red. The Radiant Red goes from candy apple red, to dark cherry pearl, to salsa red pearl (Toyota orange).

·
Registered
2019 RTL
937 Posts
Not a fan of the flares, rails or the running boards, but the grill looks good. I also think you've made a good decision with black wheels; the grey ones do clash with the gorgeous pewter body color (the nicest color available in my opinion :)).

You might want to consider doing a chrome delete, I think that will be more in-keeping with the overall look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a fan of the flares, rails or the running boards, but the grill looks good. I also think you've made a good decision with black wheels; the grey ones do clash with the gorgeous pewter body color (the nicest color available in my opinion :)).

You might want to consider doing a chrome delete, I think that will be more in-keeping with the overall look.
I agree the chrome delete would be an improvement. Just lower down on the list. Currently looking into a 2" lift, but not sure where to have it done.

Pewter was a big gamble. Ordered it based on online photos (shout-out to all of those that posted on this forum). I don't care for the flares on the lighter colors. Fortunately pewter looks dark on cloudy days and living in the NW, that's pretty much every day.

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E - MSM
78 Posts
Very nice Cabman. Greetings from a 21' Modern Steel RTL-E owner in Kirkland! I debated for a long time between the packages and just decided that I really liked the look/visibility of the eyebrow DRLs with the E package. Although, some of the other extras have now grown on me as well.

Put me down for another chrome delete vote. I have added the black grill strip, BE wheels, the black tailgate emblem, and color matched handles (obviously not an issue for you). I tried adding black vinyl on the chrome window trim and that was an epic fail. Now just going to have a vinyl place do the clear PPF on front and the black vinyl at the same time.

I had an old Silverado before this and I had suspension work done at 4 Wheel Parts by the Alderwood Mall. They were expensive but did good work. Not sure how they react to the lift on the RL since it is not a "real" truck but it may be worth a shot. From what I looked into with the lift kits for these they seemed pretty simple to install where a shop that did any kind of strut replacement work would probably be able to do it. When I was researching (before I decided that my lifting days were over), I remember that some Honda dealers were even installing them on pre-sale and post-sale RLs. I am sure that they would make you sign something saying that it is not covered under warranty but they may be able to install? If it was me, I would be much more confident having Honda do the work. Did you contact Lynnwood Honda yet? Maybe even ask for a break on the labor since you bought it there?

Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Greetings from a 21' Modern Steel RTL-E owner in Kirkland!

I have added the black grill strip, BE wheels, the black tailgate emblem, and color matched handles (obviously not an issue for you). I tried adding black vinyl on the chrome window trim and that was an epic fail. Now just going to have a vinyl place do the clear PPF on front and the black vinyl at the same time.
Hey @Singletrack78! I would absolutely love to see pics if you have them. I am waiting on delivery of a 21 RTL-E in Modern Steel, and I am strongly considering nearly all the mods you’ve indicated here. It would help me greatly to decide if I see one “in the wild.” Also, if your handle is a mountain biking reference, all the better (from a fellow singletrack enthusiast).

TIA (if possible)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Also, nice looking truck!
Thanks Apricotsdad. I'm guessing any method (that meets your budget) to replace chrome with black. Honda sells the black badging (which I'd opt over painting). Other chrome can be covered in vinyl. I read on another post there are places that will vinyl all the trim for about $500. Honda quoted me $400 to replace the chrome upper grill with the Sport's upper (black) grill.

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E - MSM
78 Posts
Thanks Apricotsdad. I'm guessing any method (that meets your budget) to replace chrome with black. Honda sells the black badging (which I'd opt over painting). Other chrome can be covered in vinyl. I read on another post there are places that will vinyl all the trim for about $500. Honda quoted me $400 to replace the chrome upper grill with the Sport's upper (black) grill.
If you are going to do the upper grill piece don't pay Honda to do it at that price. I paid about $225 and bought it at the Parts Department. Since it has now been out for a while, it has come down in price and I think someone recently picked one up for around $175 online I think. As far as the swapping, it pops right off. I followed post number 43 in the below:

(15) 2021 Ridgeline -- replacing the chrome "grill garnish" with the black one? | Page 3 | Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E - MSM
78 Posts
Hey @Singletrack78! I would absolutely love to see pics if you have them. I am waiting on delivery of a 21 RTL-E in Modern Steel, and I am strongly considering nearly all the mods you’ve indicated here. It would help me greatly to decide if I see one “in the wild.” Also, if your handle is a mountain biking reference, all the better (from a fellow singletrack enthusiast).

TIA (if possible)!

Here is a picture after I got the BE wheels on. Since this I have also added dark tint on the front emblem, Triton Switchbacks in the front signals for extra DRLs, and light tint on the front signals.

I have a couple 29ers and I mostly just carry one at a time. The bed is smaller than my last truck but I find that the bike just barely fits laying down in the bed (if you have a long wheelbase or a really large size that may not work). It is held so nicely that I don't even have to use any ties. I keep a tailgate pad in the trunk in case I ever need to bring both at once and here is a test fit for how that works. It really is a great truck for mountain bikes, dump runs, Home Depot trips, etc. if that is all you do. You will love it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here is a picture after I got the BE wheels on. Since this I have also added dark tint on the front emblem, Triton Switchbacks in the front signals for extra DRLs, and light tint on the front signals.
Thanks so much man! That sold it for me. The dark grey color with the blacked-out details (wheels, emblem(s), grill) looks awesome. Do you have a grey or black interior? Mine is (will be) grey, and I’m kinda leaning toward a lighter look inside (grey all-weather mats, blue accents) with a darker look outside

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a couple 29ers and I mostly just carry one at a time. The bed is smaller than my last truck but I find that the bike just barely fits laying down in the bed (if you have a long wheelbase or a really large size that may not work). It is held so nicely that I don't even have to use any ties. I keep a tailgate pad in the trunk in case I ever need to bring both at once and here is a test fit for how that works. It really is a great truck for mountain bikes, dump runs, Home Depot trips, etc. if that is all you do. You will love it.
29ers are the way to go! I think they are the best for grinding uphill. Got a Trek hardtail myself. I’m tall (6’4”), so my frame is pretty big. Might not fit; I’ve got a trailer hitch mount though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts