Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got an option on a supplier of a contractor rack? My truck arrives next week and I need a rack for my kayaks and occasionally long lumber. I had a Van Tech rack with the factory roof rack on my 1st Gen and was very happy with the Van Tech, not quite so happy with the factory rack. I thought a contractor rack (over cab) would be a better idea this time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I haven't been impressed with those I've seen around here and I when I didn't get any response on the forum, I gave up on the idea of contractor (ladder) type rack. I've ordered a bed rack from VanTech. I had one on my Gen1 and was very impressed with it's construction. They (VanTech) are still in pre-production on one for the Gen2. Hopefully, they will be shipping soon. I've installed some Thule tracks on the cab (see this thread on G1 Roof Rails for details) for carrying some big kayaks.

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heres the rack I got from US Rack. I am mounting the rollers and the J rack this week.
Nice looking rack. I'm trying to decide between the US Rack model and and the new one from Vantech. I have a Vantech on my 06 Ridgeline and it's been great. The new US Rack model looks nicer, but doesn't appear to have the adjustment that the Vantech model has. The adjustments have been extremely useful on my 06. Did you consider the Vantech?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice looking rack. I'm trying to decide between the US Rack model and and the new one from Vantech. I have a Vantech on my 06 Ridgeline and it's been great. The new US Rack model looks nicer, but doesn't appear to have the adjustment that the Vantech model has. The adjustments have been extremely useful on my 06. Did you consider the Vantech?

I have a question into VanTech as to how their mounting track connects to the bed.

Bill

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is powder coated. the finish was extremely well done and it matches the bed and trim quite well. It is easy to install but there are no hight adjustments. No drilling either. I could take some pics of attachment etc if you haven't already purchased something. ( Keep in mind that was the second pic I ever posted on a forum).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Lou what and where does the rack attach to? Can't really tell. I don't have mine yet but will need one of these occasionally. Would like to remove between uses if practical. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
The uprights are bolted to rails that run the length of the truck rail. (There is a n inner and outer stem.) The rail basically cup the top rail of the box. There is a clip in spanner bar in the front and 2 pins that bolt under the tie downs . The pins are removable. (Cant say that Ive tired to remove the system as I only take it off for winter.) I Attached some pics ,not great but maybe give you some idea as to what there is.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you check out the other thread on this. Theres a blue g2 with the silver finish and theres a thread on a bed extender called the "T-Bone " Nice angle built in to it. not only does it meet the bed but the angle is great for turns on to uneven elevations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts