Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
If your asking rubber floormats. Then OEM or Weather Tech.

If your asking about the actual floorboards, Then you need a new truck.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got the OEM mats and like them very well. Even had a friend who's harassed me about the "pick up" thing who drives an F150 compliment the mats. Like Rob above, I'd think OEM or Weathertec either would be great. . . .. actually, just thinking .. . . on another thread somewhere here I saw another brand that looked absolutely great, were durable and looked very good. You might do some searching here. Not sure but might have been these . .. . .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought the Honda die cast aluminum black ones Honda (08L33-T6Z-100) from Majestic Honda online. Installed them myself in about 30 minutes. They're heavy duty, with a rough coating on them. Since I live in Minnesota I figured they would hold up the best to years of winter salt, grime, and snow. This is year one so far so good. They look great on my White RTL-E.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I bought the Honda die cast aluminum black ones Honda (08L33-T6Z-100) from Majestic Honda online. Installed them myself in about 30 minutes. They're heavy duty, with a rough coating on them. Since I live in Minnesota I figured they would hold up the best to years of winter salt, grime, and snow. This is year one so far so good. They look great on my White RTL-E.
I saw a pic of the Honda running boards and they look nice but I've not had hands on, or should I say feet on? But they look to me like they would be more so in the way than helpful when getting in and out. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I saw a pic of the Honda running boards and they look nice but I've not had hands on, or should I say feet on? But they look to me like they would be more so in the way than helpful when getting in and out. Am I wrong?
I have found that along with the splash guards they provide some protection to the underside of the doors from snow/mud/gravel etc thrown up by the front wheels (Minnesota winter crud) I find they are useful to use as a step particulary when in a tight parking spot and having to wedge myself in sideways...They do not get in the way IMHO. It seems like I use them more and more. as time goes on. My summary, I like the looks, the ruggedness of the aluminum and they have, as I stated above, proven to be very useful.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have found that along with the splash guards they provide some protection to the underside of the doors from snow/mud/gravel etc thrown up by the front wheels (Minnesota winter crud) I find they are useful to use as a step particulary when in a tight parking spot and having to wedge myself in sideways...They do not get in the way IMHO. It seems like I use them more and more. as time goes on. My summary, I like the looks, the ruggedness of the aluminum and they have, as I stated above, proven to be very useful.
Sweet(y) I'll be less concerned now when they become budget friendly. Thanks the reply.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
83 Posts
I have been debating running boards. I haven't been able to decide if they would be in the way or a hindrance for my short legs. Considering your first point that they provide some protection from snow/mud/gravel etc. may be just the reason that wins me over.

·
Registered
962 Posts
On my G1 I have the chrome tube style side steps. Truck is Bali Blue. They do protect the bottom of the doors and rocker panel. I originally installed them to help my elderly mother in law to get into the rear seats. I think they offset the dark blue paint. I also have a chrome Super Bumper installed in the trailer hitch which looks like the side steps.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
My opinion is that they will add weight and you will not use them. Purely cosmetic unless your really a small person
Good point Mumbles, I'm 6'1" and I use very little effort entering the truck and when exiting it's a only a small effort to lift out rather than slide out. I'll probably need to somehow try before I buy.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I had them installed on a new Tacoma in 2014. They looked cool but never used them, and I hauled them around for 40k

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the dealer install the Honda LED lit running boards before I picked up the truck. My wife was having hip surgery so I wanted every bit of help I could get so she could more easily get in/out (she's 5' 2"). The LED lighting is nice for puddle lighting at night.

You have to get used to using them. I step on the board with my outside foot and step up & in. It's a smooth move and saves a couple of inches of stepping up from ground level.

Getting out is more of a thing to remember. Often I find myself just sliding my feet down to the ground and I do notice that's a reach vs putting my foot on the board first, standing up and swinging all the way out. (I'm 5/ 9")

1 - 20 of 37 Posts