Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last car was a VW GTI and there were multiple groups on Facebook that wound up being a huge wealth of knowledge and a great way to share information outside of the usual forums. There was even a group dedicated to GTI owners running one specific aftermarket turbo.

I did a search and couldn't find a single 2nd Gen RL owners' group on Facebook so I created one. Follow the link below and join if you'd like.

This is by no means a replacement for this forum. Just a supplement to it.

Facebook - 2nd Generation Honda Ridgeline Owners

·
Registered
928 Posts
Facebook can burn in Cyber hell.

Good luck on your quest. ;)

Reactions: ToadVine

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wny would you want that when you have the audience of tens of thousands here?
It plays into the whole "social" thing. With previous cars I've owned, it wound up being a lot of the same people in the Facebook groups and on the forums. The Facebook group I created is meant to compliment this forum; not replace it.

If Facebook isn't your thing, that's fine.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Fakebook can burn in Cyber hell.

Good luck on your quest. ;)
Corrected one MInute detail, but 100% agree.

I'm not a teenage girl and never have and never will do the Book of Faces. Tell Zuckernutz I'll join when he either quits selling everyone's data, or he starts cutting checks for joining. Until then, DEEZ NUTS!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Isn't Facebook the place when someone goes to pee they have to tell everyone about it.

trainman

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would imagine any pseudo Facebook forum that exists is there because there isn't a forum like this to begin with.

The only value in a Facebook page would be to direct someone to this site - or to make sure all your "Friends" know that you have a Ridgeline, and of course what you had for dinner last night.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It might appeal to those that think forums are full of whiners, know it alls, people that do not understand the term "search" and trolls.

·
Registered
606 Posts
My last car was a VW GTI and there were multiple groups on Facebook that wound up being a huge wealth of knowledge and a great way to share information outside of the usual forums. There was even a group dedicated to GTI owners running one specific aftermarket turbo.

I did a search and couldn't find a single 2nd Gen RL owners' group on Facebook so I created one. Follow the link below and join if you'd like.

This is by no means a replacement for this forum. Just a supplement to it.

Facebook - 2nd Generation Honda Ridgeline Owners
@erikrasas where in CLE are you from? I have yet to see a 2nd gen Silver around here.

btw GO TRIBE!

·
Administrator
16,790 Posts
I'm very active on Facebook as it's a convenient social hub for photo sharing and event scheduling/coordination with family, friends, classmates, and co-workers. I also find some value in sharing/reading reviews of products and services due to the sheer size of the audience. The average age of a Facebook user is much older than it was even just five years ago - there are more moms and dads and grandmas and grandpas and fewer high school kids and younger who have migrated to Instagram and Snapchat and proximity-based chat/photo sharing apps. Twitter is fading a bit and is transitioning from a personal service to a conduit for businesses and consumers. Honda have long had a Twitter account, which seems to be their preferred communication method. There's no email address to be found on their website. They still have a fax number, though! (People still fax?) With that said, I personally have no interest in Facebook groups. They often tend to be poorly implemented and maintained.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Friend request sent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts