Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at 06 RTL 182K miles, Honda serviced 2-owner vehicle. Timing belt service already done. Very clean vehicle, some mild road wear. All working features. Asking $8000. Seems in line with KBB and NADA.
Am I missing anything?

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY?

Any high mileage owners with pitfall experiences I need to know about?

This will be a daily driver to and from work, need reliability because I am On-call personnel for Emergencies at Local hospital.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did some further research: appears as though the timing belt & tensioner, valve cover gasket, and front stabilizer links all changed by dealership since taken in on trade.

Should I question why the waterpump and serpentine belt was not changed at the time of the timing belt and tensioner service?

Should this be a deal breaker?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I assume you are considering this RL due to budget constraints? I would not pay $8K for a vehicle with 180K miles that you are depending on for a daily driver. At this mileage a major repair could be required next week, next year or it could last another 100K without major problems. If the transmission fails it’s going to cost $4K or more to replace it. At that point it’s scrap yard bound. Also 2006 RLs have a corrosion issue where the transmission coolant lines connect to the radiator due to a design flaw. If the connection fails major damage can occur to the transmission.
Not sure why you require a RL but at $8K you can find CRVs with under 100K miles. A 4 cylinder accord or civic with a manual transmission would be my choice at this budget. Stay away from V6 accords due to VCM related issues. There are plenty available in the 80K mile range for around $8K. Better yet, consider a high mileage accord or civic @$4K and if something major fails sell it as is and buy another car with the remaining $4K.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
My 08 is a daily driver that drives just the way it did off the showroom floor. Not a squeak or rattle and the VTEC works just fine, when needed, and all the lights work as they did from day one. Mine will see 400,000 miles by year end and require another round of timing belt and associated parts replacement. The secret is doing the required maintenance.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Congrats! My 2009 just passed 336,000 miles and I would not take less than $8k for it. I hope your experience is like mine and you enjoy the truck.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,024 Posts
07 with 176k miles here and still as happy as the day I bought it. Regular, meticulous maintenance done on it with no surprises. She just keeps going along. It's starting to show a little rust in the normal places, but that's to be expected in my neck of the woods. I'd still not let mine go for less than $8000 and could probably get more than that for a private sale. I plan to drive it for at least a few more years if not longer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts