Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 2nd time-my 2010 Ridgeline dash lights go out, no A/C-just the fan blowing air, window controls don't work and won't shift out of park. Each time it was a 7.5amp fuse located in the panel near the drivers left leg/foot inside the cab. Anyone else? Any idea why this fuse blows?

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,600 Posts
Have you ever had mods done lately like remote starter, BT, hitch or anything that requires electrical work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, nothing done at all to the car other than an oil change 2 months ago. I looked at the diagram on the cover to the fuse area and it was fuse #21 that blew. After I replaced it the check engine light stayed on for 200 or so miles, then went out. Took it to a place that reads the check engine light codes, but it was already out and they said they couldn't find out any more info-just suggested I carry a box of spare fuses with me!

·
Registered
84 Posts
No, nothing done at all to the car other than an oil change 2 months ago. I looked at the diagram on the cover to the fuse area and it was fuse #21 that blew. After I replaced it the check engine light stayed on for 200 or so miles, then went out. Took it to a place that reads the check engine light codes, but it was already out and they said they couldn't find out any more info-just suggested I carry a box of spare fuses with me!
By chance you haven't replaced any of the bulbs (like the reverse bulb, or bed lighting bulbs) before you started having these problems? It might be one of these bulbs that are corroded and intermittently grounding out, or even a duel element bulb with a broken element shorting against the other? You might want to check these bulbs as a starter?

I've looked at a wiring diagram, but it's for the 06 and 07 Model year Ridgeline. So I don't know if it's much help or not being yours is a different year. I'll see if I can find anything definitive for you? As there are many items in the fuse 21 circuit.

Good Luck, Silverstreek

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Obtain a wiring diagram and see what that fuse powers. I had a similar issue with a Honda years ago, and it turned out to be a intermittent short in the a/c clutch coil. When it shorted it would blow the fuse. There were several things on the same circuit such as the rear window defrost. The only way to tell is by looking at a diagram or getting a look at some Honda TSBs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts