#1 ·
So I am here in Arizona Tucson to be precise
Because I had Traxda install their 3.5 inch lift on my Ridgeline
And here are the pics because if you don’t see it it didn’t happen

Last pic is Greg the owner of Traxda truck next to mine when it was stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#10 ·
Why would a lift drop the MPG? Aerodynamics?

#17 ·
I’m wondering the same. If he used spacers and if he kept the stock wheels. From what I understand he does have the stock wheels bc the 5 stubs are the same I have on my 19”. I’ve been looking at the 2” kit but if he has the stock wheel the. I may purchase this kit.

#26 ·
Hi Chris,
Thanks for all the info and pics! It really looks great!! I may need to watch the video again to get more details, but I'm trying to figure out if this or the 2" kit will work for me. I have a bull bar up front that just annihilated my approach angle, and it's just embarrassing to have to slow down for certain driveways. Even if it's just for easier oil changes, hopping a few curbs and navigating some unpaved pottholed roads, I would like to see if I can strike that balance between factory OEM and added capabilities. I just need to rule out some perceived negatives before I can move forward. I welcome yours, Traxda's, and any others input to help in the decision.

*I'm planning to keep my factory wheel size to keep the speedometer correct, and the rotating mass low for effective braking, fuel economy, and less stress/resistance to the powertrain. (There's conversation to be had about joining the 255-265 club, but that's another thread). I plan on buying Continental Terraincontact A/T 245/60x18 after the lift is done.

*In those other threads, I've learned that the lift kits essentially draw-in the hub, making the use of a 1" spacer necessary for OEM appearing clearance (and generally good esthetics) inside the wheel well. This is more important with taller/wider tires not rubbing. Can you confirm? Do you need a larger spacer with the 3.5" lift in order to keep the wheel from sucking in further?

Is is possible to do the 3.5" kit without cutting or trimming? Or does that really only become an issue with the oversized tires?

I see a major difference between the 2/3.5" kit is the use if the front axle relocation kit, which also increases the caster. Do we have any specs (camber, caster, toe, CV angle) that show the difference between OEM and the results with the 3.5 kit? Am I correct that the relocation kit is not needed for the 2" lift? And as long as I keep factory sized tires, can I go 3.5" without the relocation kit?

I see that there are numerous body spacers used... and some for the driveline. I'm not certain what is changing there... Does any of this correct/change the angle of the driveline, or give clearance for other components?

I've also heard about cutting or replacing certain bolts for fittment.. the kit comes with the correct parts, correct? I would like to give my installer everything he needs -no surprises!! I want a clean install without rubbing and compromised parts.

Thanks again to the OP, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with these questions!

SpunSquirrel
2017 BE (Dirty)
Burtman Industries Front Skidplate & Bull Bar

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#34 ·
I apologize if this sounds controversial, but this reminds me of what some folks used to do with their El Caminos:

View attachment 408316

It was a compromise, at best, for being a truck, and it lost nearly all of the advantages of owning a car.

Bill
Agreed on the compromise. Having oversized wheels is a compromise and very, I repeat very unadviseable to do on your daily driver. I have access to a lift so reverting back from silly is about 15 minutes of effort. I ran these wheels and tires on a rural and very windy road with no rubs. As soon as a parking lot maneuver is needed a turn that would have been possible in one pass now requires a 3 - 4 point correction (! knobs grab pinch weld at full lock...!). Lame in the city. My plan(s) is to find how far it can "BE" taken even if the first attempt is fraught with disqualifying geometry. I am set to recieve four 2 inch BORA spacers in January so I will see if they alleviate some of the terrible rubbing.

#39 ·
275/55/r20 toyo open country muds and a 3.5 Traxda lift with unreasonable tires. Those tires WILL NOT FIT SAFELY on an RL. I am going to run them on my tj wrangler. I ran them for a little under 7k miles with no mechanical failure.
The wheels were too heavy and I couldn't turn lock to lock at all. I used it as a weekend driver due to the crap handling of 60lb wheel weights. I was hooked on the look and ride a cheap on gas motorcycle most of the time. Do not run 275/55r20's on a daily driven RL.
It did give at least 1.5 in of added control arm clearance and did a noticeably better job in a mud bog than my jeep wrangler on those tires.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.