Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior

Installed an Aurora Single Row 30" LED light bar in the slot of the front bumper. The motivation was to compensate for the poor head lights in the RL. Took a while to install because of going back and forth to the store for stainless steel hardware. I made some mods to the included brackets and had to replace some of the bolts to make it work. I'm sure if I had to do it over it would be a 4 hour job.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior

I looked at a lot of Light Bars ranging in price from $75 to $600. I purchased mine online for $199 List price was $569. After seeing the following video I was convinced this one should weather the storm.

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
This light bar was about a half inch too long before mods, and would have been too long for the space. The extra hardware purchased cost under $10…. (nuts, bolts, washers and spacers). Wiring harness and switch came with the light bar.
Sewing machine

The bolt on the right of this pic was replaced with a shorter one, a Hex Head M6 20mm. The replacement does not stick out beyond the end of the locknut.
The bolt on the left was replaced for a longer one which can be from 1.5 to 2" long plus the aluminium spacer and washer. The hole for the longer bolt in the L Bracket was drilled by me. That’s the hole with the bolt and spacer which has a tie-wrap on it.
Bumper Automotive exterior

The included brackets get bolted onto the front steel bumper support. If you haven't drilled into hard steel recently be sure you think about your technique. A tip… drill really slowly with the right drill bit and lubrcation! A wrench can be used to bend the bracket into position so your light won't be pointing at the sky.
Vehicle Windshield Car Subcompact car Glass

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Vehicle Car Family car

Wiring is pretty straight forward. I marked the center of the switch blank to the right of the fog lights and VSA switches, and drilled a 3/4" hole in it. Ran the included wire harness through a grommet in the firewall and plugged it into the back of the switch. I have seen glow in the dark switches on-line and may replace the current switch as it has no background lighting and is not visible at night, except when turned on and the red light lights up.
Grommet to right of gas pedal and red paint brush handle showing hole on engine side in following pics.
Auto part Vehicle

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Fuel line

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Wire

Next pic shows the relay (black box with white writing on top) bolted to the rear of the engine. Wiring harness was routed to the right side and up front behind the right head lamp, kept in place with wire ties.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Vertical slats in the bumper have to be removed to accommodate the Light Bar. When installed the bumper fits over the Light Bar. The front bumper can be removed in about 10 minutes. It's been covered a few times on this site.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,897 Posts
Looks Really Good, Guessing in NE PA, no cooling concerns, with airflow over lower radiator?

If you get a chance, some lighting pictures, from drivers seat looking out, short videos & maybe an oncoming traffic shot?

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks Carsmak / Optimus29
I will monitor the temp but as I don't do any towing or carry heavy loads I'm not really concerned. If it becomes a problem I will have to try and pick up a front bar like the one on the Sema Pilot.

The first time I took the new light out for a drive it lit everything up like the light on my chopper. I have angled it down and need to play with it more so it compliments the headlights. I only plan on using it with no oncoming traffic. That's why its on its own switch and not tied into the headlights.

Attachments

Reactions: S.T.U.V
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.