Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gone as far as to use the 303 Protectant on any part of the bed liner? If not the actual liner how about the two top rails that edge the top of the bed?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Since learning about this product on this forum I have been using it on both of my vehicles. It's is outstanding stuff. I'm not sure if I'd use it in the bed or you may be skating around next time you stand in it. I would think it would make your load tend to slide and shift more easily.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I have used 303 on the dash but not the cargo area. However, I had some scratches (very minor) and the bed itself was a bit dull looking. I sprayed on some ArmourAll and wiped it all down with a rag. This included the bed area, sides and rails. It darkened the black and removed many of the scratches - looks great!

I don't care if it is slippery as I seldom have anything in the bed (although I have not hauled anything since putting on the ArmourAll I don't think it would be that slippery anyway). Even if I do haul something, I use a mat and old comforter plus I have a cargo net and even a cargo bar. But for 99% of my driving the cargo area is empty and the ArmourAll makes it look much, much better. 303 may work just as well but it is more expensive and I would rather save it for the interior.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I put it on everything plastic or rubber on the whole truck,
seals, engine, wheel wells, lights, mud flaps, wheels, tires, and all plastic trim.
Everything except the bed.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I keep hearing about this stuff in the forum and I've had my eye out for it. I haven't seen it for sale except on the internet. Where are you buying it?

I was wondering about using it on the new Retrax tonneau cover we just installed. Would it keep the dust from sticking and keep the fingerprints down?

L

·
0 Posts
Hey Truckin'. I bought my 303 locally. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll ship some to ya. I think I paid about $9 for it.
I have used it on my tailgate along the top and it makes it look nice and I didn't find it to be slippery. I wiped what was left on the rag onto the bed itself and what was left n it did make it shine and lightened the scratches. I have no issue with the scratches but if I wanted to get rid of them, I think I will use 303. As a matter of fact, I am entering Lady Ridgena in the NOPI show at Norwalk in October. I bet it will make her bed shine too.
I'll glad U-H turned me onto the hitchhand because that's where I found the 303. Anyone else who would like me to send them some email me and I'll get it to you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the 303 ($25) at a local Marine shop but there are also a few retailers that sell it on Amazon. It really is great stuff. My interior looks great and I mentioned earlier that it makes the metallic look sweet also.

Is it me or is this like the best truck you've ever owned? I can't put my finger on it but everything about it just makes you get that warm fuzzy feeling (even though its like 100 here on the east) :p

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
After 6,000 miles, it is without a shadow of a doubt the best truck I have ever owned.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I got my 303 and applied it to our Retrax tonneau cover. It left patina swirls in some places that kind of bothered me. Did I use it too sparingly? Should I just get used to the swirls?

I think it has improved the door handles from getting dusty and smudged. Where else should I use it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
The same kind of thing happened to me when I first used 303 on my dash, but after another treatment it all blended together. Now I keep a micro cloth that is treated with 303 to do a quick wipe down and hardly ever have to add more of the protectant :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I used Dry-Wash & Guard on the Retrax cover and it looks great. Water just beads up and runs off. It does show surface scratches pretty easily though. The Dry-Wash & Guard hides them. I also use the 303 Protectant on the interior plastic, the exterior trim and moldings, and inside the wheel wells. That stuff is great! No more Armorall for me. There is no comparison between the two.

By the way, did you catch the tip from Randy at Retrax about adjusting the side rail moldings and applying candle wax to the inner surface of the rails? It made a big difference. See http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1295&highlight=Retrax, post #38

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I too have been on the look out to where I could find the 303 at a retailer. Finally found it at RV place. They carried both the cleaner and the protectant. Will trying them out this weekend! :)

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I sent in the $5 and got the 303 Sampler Package. Got some good stuff back. It's worth the $5.

One of the things I got with my 303 Sampler Package was some brochures that had information on it about the various products in the sampler. One of the things it mentioned is, since 303 is not a petrolium based product, it is actually good for your tires and will soak in. Not like AA, that just sits on the surface.

Anyway, it recommends, if you use it on your tires, to spray the surface until it is wet with 303, but do not wipe it right away. Let it sit there for 10-20 minutes, allowing the product to soak in, and then wipe away any excess. So, I tried it. I sprayed the 303 until the surface was wet and the 303 started running down the tire in some areas. I thought to myself, "Man, I am gonna have to wipe up all kinds of stuff after I am done here". I came back about 15 minutes later and a majority of the 303 had soaked into the tire. I wiped the excess off the tire with an old cotton towel and the towel was barely damp. It really does soak in. I was surprised.

303 really is good stuff!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I recently resprayed the interior surfaces of our truck when we had it washed and I was impressed and amazed at how much it improved the look of the plastic surfaces. This is only the second time I've used it and it was about 4 or 5 months ago since I used it the first time. I guess I should bump that up to every three months or so. How often are others using it on the interior surfaces?

I also sprayed the running boards and the bed rails. WOW, what an improvement!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
303 is really good stuff for a variety of uses. I even use it on my golf cart. Don't get it on the windows though as it is really tough to get off. To avoid drift, I spray the protectant on a small, applicator mit and rub it in. I remove any excess with a cotton towel as a microfiber towel takes too much of it off.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
What kind of applicator mitt do you use?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Truckin - it is a little blue (looks like microfiber) mit that I found at WalMart or some such store. It is not intended as an applicator really but as a dash cleaning mit (I use a mini California duster brush for cleaning the dash). It has a thumb and the other fingers all fit in the main section. There is a snug, white elastic band for around your wrist. It is a great applicator tool for the interior. I keep it in a baggie and there is always enough 303 still soaked in it to make touch ups a snap.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts