Total $38,381.72
NO Trade***

Please comment!!!!!!!

See Picture below

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
What's your options? I see side moldings, running boards, pin stripes, I think I see a wheel lock and I see labels on the windows. I don't see a block heater cord. Extra tinting?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Looks like they may have taken advantage of you on the options. Texas like TN burns your butt with the sales tax. I have the white RTL-T also, only got the pin stirpe and dealer sucked that up. I traded a '13 RTL and $10K OTD.

·
Registered
417 Posts
No way I'd pay $38K for that.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Have you looked at the what did you pay thread? Looks like your pre tax, pre fee price was 35718, which is within range of what others are doing for the RTL-T

As for tax, tell me about it. LOL. I paid 3k+ on tax for a pre fee price of 32470. It was 9.7% in November and now our sales tax is 10.2%.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It was 9.7% in November and now our sales tax is 10.2%.
One of the reasons I bought and signed off when I did, last week of December even though I didn't take delivery until January, was I had a sneaking suspicion our Premier was going to announce a sales tax increase January 1. He didn't, but the budget in late March did increase the tax by 1% immediately and removed the tax credit on the trade in. So we now have the federal 5% GST and now 6% PST, plus no credit for the trade in. In my case, that would have added about $1750 in taxes. :surprise:

Happy I bought when I did. :grin:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
One of the reasons I bought and signed off when I did, last week of December even though I didn't take delivery until January, was I had a sneaking suspicion our Premier was going to announce a sales tax increase January 1. He didn't, but the budget in late March did increase the tax by 1% immediately and removed the tax credit on the trade in. So we now have the federal 5% GST and now 6% PST, plus no credit for the trade in. In my case, that would have added about $1750 in taxes. :surprise:

Happy I bought when I did. :grin:
Strategic timing! Can't really complain about taxes and fuel prices too much when I just look north. :p

·
Super Moderator
5,339 Posts
Have you looked at the what did you pay thread? Looks like your pre tax, pre fee price was 35718, which is within range of what others are doing for the RTL-T

As for tax, tell me about it. LOL. I paid 3k+ on tax for a pre fee price of 32470. It was 9.7% in November and now our sales tax is 10.2%.
Let me get this correct. You paid $32,470 for a RTL-T AWD. That would be truly amazing. A $2,000 discount would be fantastic.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Let me get this correct. You paid $32,470 for a RTL-T AWD. That would be truly amazing. A $2,000 discount would be fantastic.
Oh, no, I only have an RTL AWD. (my info says so ;))Not the T. I paid 36000 out the door, the sticker was 36480 or something like that. The OP is the one with the RTL-T AWD.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Eh, you all quit whining... I paid $45k out the door if memory serves.

No discounts no nothing. That's what you get for being one of the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
741 Posts
Looks like they may have taken advantage of you on the options. Texas like TN burns your butt with the sales tax. I have the white RTL-T also, only got the pin stirpe and dealer sucked that up. I traded a '13 RTL and $10K OTD.
Sales tax may be a painful hit, but at least TX doesn't have a personal property tax like VA has. So where TX hits you up front, just once, VA (and other states that have PPT's) will hit you for a sales tax AND a YEARLY "hey, you're welcome to park your vehicle in your driveway if you pay the county first" tax based on the value/depreciated value of your vehicle. UMMMM, WTF?!?! Thank GOD I'm Mil and exempt from this "theft" from this state!

(rant over)

I can't wait to get back home to the Republic of Texas!!!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I miss TX

Reactions: NOVARIDGE

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Eh, you all quit whining... I paid $45k out the door if memory serves.

No discounts no nothing. That's what you get for being one of the first.

Often paying more to get what you want, when you want, in the color/trim you want, is totally worth it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I paid $44,000 out the door for my wht RTL-E. I sold my lifted 2005 chevy 2500hd duramax, looked at tacoma's for about six months and am so glad I got the Honda. Its my first Honda and I am loving it. Owned 2 nissans and 4 toyota trucks in the past --I liked the all- but the Honda is so much better.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Looks good to me does it have mud flaps?
Whenever I get Black Edition I probably will accessorize just the same as G1 RTL.
Only thing wont get Fender Flares on G2 & maybe try skid garnish only for looks that would be last thing.
The Body Side Protectors look good on the WDP this is on my list also.
I see your taking off Running Boards why don't like?
I will get the lighted running boards widow roof & low profile hood visors mud flaps body side protectors and Tonneau Cover.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow....thanks for all the responses.

The NEW truck is for the wife, see mine below (2007 RTL).

Right now I think Im going to have to WAIT on the NEW truck purchase. Price still seams a little high to me. I was thinking $37,600 OTD, but Im a hard sell. Decisions, I hate them!!!!!

Yes, it has Mud Flaps, and I have no idea what Ultimate Protection Package is, wait a minute its something to do with paint and interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Wow....thanks for all the responses.

The NEW truck is for the wife, see mine below (2007 RTL).

Right now I think Im going to have to WAIT on the NEW truck purchase. Price still seams a little high to me. I was thinking $37,600 OTD, but Im a hard sell. Decisions, I hate them!!!!!

Yes, it has Mud Flaps, and I have no idea what Ultimate Protection Package is, wait a minute its something to do with paint and interior.
It looks like you're only $780 off on your "desired" price and the price you put on your thread's title. That's only a few bucks a month if you're financing. If you're that close, I would bargain with them to take an accessory off (running boards for example... or that protection package BS) to bring the price closer... or you can look at it as pre-paying for an accessory you plan on getting in the future, anyway.

Just my .02 worth. If I really wanted it, I wouldn't let a few hundred bucks get in the way of owning the car. Be a hard sell, but don't sell yourself out of a car you really want. For reference, I got mine for just over $35K w/o the accessories you said this one has, so your $37,600 isn't too far off the mark. Push the bargain w/ the dealer and see if you can get them to budge more.

Good luck and God Bless Texas!! (DFW raised over here) :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but for a point of comparison, I just paid $33,367 (vehicle price) for an RTL-T AWD with wheel locks, Mudflaps, cargo tray, all weather floor mats, window tint, and pinstripes in Dallas, TX.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts