Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, finally my time has come.

After placing an order in January, the Ridgeline made to my specs came in over the weekend and I took delivery on Tuesday.

Not much time to enjoy, since the first stop was the tinting shop nearby.

Well, it spent a whole day there today and received a major make-over.

All 4 doors and the rear window received 20% HP window film. OOOOh looks soooo cool. Really pleased. Have to remember to rool the front windows down when the police pull me over!!

Then I asked and received the 3M clear-bra over the whole front end.

Complete bumper, hood and front fenders, A pillars and roof up to sun-roof.

This took them just about the whole day, and when I left at 5PM realized I want to do headlights and a strip above the running boards.

Drove it home this evening, about 75km, and no wind noise!!

Hid it in the garage, since it is a surprise!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my 3rd vehicle done there so I got the dealer price!

$1140 CDN for all the 3M stuff & $249 CDN for the window tint.

·
Registered
363 Posts
HOLY COW!!! I seriously want this stuff for when I get my ridgeline, but is the money worth it? I mean, you can respray the damaged areas for that much... How does it hold up? Does it turn yellow at all or start peeling off??

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know from experience that the material itself is very expensive. You can do a google search "clear bra" and up will pop quite a few suppliers as well as "how to's."

I have had the clear bra on a 2002 Mazda Protege 5 and 2 VW 2003 bugs. It's not cheap but it is good!

It does not yellow, the paint all fades together, you can't hardly see it and it is removable. It sure protects the paint if you live in a muddy area (live on a gravel road etc) or live in a state (Colorado, New Mexico for instance) that uses a combination of salt and cinder during the winter time.

I was curious as to the cost in Canada. For my 2003 Turbo S, it was $599 (that's what the dealer wanted anyway) - Denver metro area. It was all over the front and up about half way on the hood - none on the mirrors )-:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts