Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Best 4 door, 4 cylinder 2011 sports car around $30K

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lets start a new trend and find out which is considered the best according to the ROC members.

Survey of the best 4 cyl 4 door sports car around $30,000.00

I know we are a bit Honda biased and the 2012 civic si will be included.

Comments appreciated.

If any are missing let us all know. Remember it has to have 4 cyl and 4 doors and be considered a sports car around $30,000.00.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MIDLIFE CRISIS!

YES!!!:act060:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
After my experiences today riding in two street legal 2011 and 2010 Impreza WRX and STi cars on a closed course with a professional driver, I have to say the best bang for your buck and the most insanely fun car you can buy is an Impreza WRX. It can be had for under 30,000 loaded with goodies and it will tear through the twisties like nothing else.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope...Have not been on this site much lately. Too busy with work and kids.

By best I mean........Best bang for the buck?

Now if Brevard County Florida only had a Subaru Dealer!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Budget minded would be the Mazda 3 hands down. I loved mine, for the price is hard to beat. I voted for the STI 5 door however. From you list that would be my first choice so long as someone esle is paying. :act024:

·
Premium Member
16,732 Posts
"around $30k" is EXTREMELY liberal as the Civic Si is a $20k car. :act018: Evo/Sti are $35-$40k. WRX starts around $25k. GTI can't be more than $23k.

..... so I refuse to vote as the comparisons are just silly ($20k car compared to a couple ~$40k cars)

·
Premium Member
16,732 Posts
You could always buy a 2011 Element and put and aftermarket turbo on it... :act035:
better would be a Mugen Fit with JDM turbo. total cost ~$25k. But in that case, why bother, just get a WRX

·
Premium Member
16,732 Posts
was waiting for rakapur to chime in.... Subaru Legacy GT. If you want to claim a Nissan Maxima is sporty, (you'd be wrong), but ok, add that into the list as well. Also add in Nissan Altima 3.5. No, the Accord and Camry don't qualify. Does Volvo get any love? Ford? How about the Ford Taurus SHO since that is priced competitively to a loaded STI/EVO. In that case, where does BMW & Audi fit in?

·
Registered
521 Posts
was waiting for rakapur to chime in.... Subaru Legacy GT. If you want to claim a Nissan Maxima is sporty, (you'd be wrong), but ok, add that into the list as well. Also add in Nissan Altima 3.5. No, the Accord and Camry don't qualify. Does Volvo get any love? Ford? How about the Ford Taurus SHO since that is priced competitively to a loaded STI/EVO. In that case, where does BMW & Audi fit in?
You must of missed the 4 CYL and @ $30k in the requirements :act024:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Only 10 cars can make the survey. THey are all 4 cyl.

Isn't an Audi A3 an improved VW JETTA? Not to mention a stationwagon.

·
Premium Member
16,732 Posts
You must of missed the 4 CYL and @ $30k in the requirements :act024:
see post #8. I did not miss the $30k, but since the OP immediately dismissed the $30k, so did I but with the cylinders. :cheerleader:

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Don't forget about the Honda S2000 that is no longer produced. I have a Civic SI Sedan and the S2000, and the S is definitely more fun, and besides, it is a Honda!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Only 10 cars can make the survey. THey are all 4 cyl.

Isn't an Audi A3 an improved VW JETTA? Not to mention a stationwagon.
I wouldn't call it a station wagon at all. It's a 4 door with a hatchback instead of a trunk. Aren't station wagons usually longer? Regardless, it's fun to drive and good looking IMO.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Going to get a WRX as soon as Brevard County Florida has a Subaru Dealer. Would not op for the STI. See TOP GEAR as too why. Who they heck knows how to setup the controls in that thing just to drive it everyday.

If No Subaru dealer then going to get an EVO.

They have 2 years.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.