Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there we were, 4 Gen 1 owners randomly gathered, poking and prodding, pushing and pulling the 17 RTL-T proudly displayed in front of the dealer. The other 2 had sold (both to women) and this one was left for us to fight over. Surely it would not last long or would it?

A few test drives later, no takers. We all just shook our heads and walked away. This is what I've waited for one guy said? He got in his gen1 w/ 201k miles and drove away.

A bad case of the Joe's had set in for sure. Off to the chevy dealer tomorrow.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, 4 different guys showed up to see a truck. You all looked at it together. Then you all took turns riding it, waiting for each other to finish. Then all shook your heads and walked away?

Good story. A strange group of guys, though.
It was actually kind of annoying, since I made an apt for a set time and had the wife and kids in tow, whom, while they were waiting for us guys to do our thing with the Gen2, decided to fall in love with the Honda Minivan. All these other people showed up 5 minutes before my appointment time. Just so happens all Gen 1 owners.

I test drove an RTL base, and the RTL-T at two different dealers. Some hits, some misses, but overall, my Gen 1 looked mighty nice in the driveway when I got home, bad airbag and all.

I had 3 Chevy trucks before my Gen 1, and swore off all future Chevys, but alas, the Midnight Edition Blacked out Silverado is calling my name. At least I wouldn't have to make excuses for driving it to every guy I meet.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Based on the two women and the excuses to other guys comments, I'm reading this as 4 guys decided that the new rounded fwd-based unibody truck is too feminine, so they drove home in their old square fwd-based unibody trucks that are somehow more masculine
Exactly. Two guys were good friends that both had RL's and came together, the other just another guy passing through. It was kind neat to be honest, as the 4 of us discussed the hits and misses. It was like an in-person ROC forum.

Then we all got in our square trucks and drove home, mine being an F150 airbag loaner.

· Registered
2,264 Posts
I would like to hire those guy for when I go to make my deal. Getting four guys to trash the truck as I am trying to buy a new G2 could only be good from a negotiating stand point! My first words to the salesman would be, "Wow, I hope Honda didn't make a lot of these so far. They might want to slow down a little on production..." lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.