Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a huge fan of how jeep places their 4 inch LED spotlights on the lower corners of the front windshield. Is there any way ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1436849554.073228.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1436849563.274098.jpg anyone has seen to complete this on the Ridgeline?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Would need a custom bracket made that came from the hood hinge bracket or the upper fender mount bolt. Nothing available to just bolt on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My company has been working on some diffrent types on mounts for the Ridgeline and a hood mount is on that list. I will keep every one updated on when the new mounts come out.

Reactions: 88rover

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
^1 We'll be ready!

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,402 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the dying need for this? Aesthetics? I am in the process of removing the Hella 500 driving light as my retrofits shine light further down the road. Also, the light bar fills in everything under 50 feet. With the retrofits, there is no need for fog lights either. These 4" cubes or whatever they are termed now, are just not powerful enough to make a difference in the long distance objects.

I would encourage everyone to just do a projector retrofit and a light bar. You wont need anything else.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the dying need for this? Aesthetics? I am in the process of removing the Hella 500 driving light as my retrofits shine light further down the road. Also, the light bar fills in everything under 50 feet. With the retrofits, there is no need for fog lights either. These 4" cubes or whatever they are termed now, are just not powerful enough to make a difference in the long distance objects.

I would encourage everyone to just do a projector retrofit and a light bar. You wont need anything else.
Side light. I want some to project more towards the side of the truck for off road use. But for road use I agree..they don't put out enough usable light.

·
Registered
94 Posts
not sure if this has much correlation to the topic, but like someone mentioned, I have mounted 3" block lights on my bullbar with the 2.5" rounded clamp brackets, cheap and easy for a bit of extra light :)

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts

Smuf, what retrofits are you using? I'm in the market for better lighting up front.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Cree, do you get much hood glare from the roof mount?

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,402 Posts
Smuf, what retrofits are you using? I'm in the market for better lighting up front.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I am using Morimoto Mini H1- Stage 3 from retrofitsource.com. Since its a Bi-Xenon kit, the Highbeam functionality is retained. Also I went with the 50w ballast and a 5500K bulb. I was made aware that on the 50w ballasts, there is a 1000K color reduction, so mine are close to 4500K light output. If going with the 50W, I would recommend a 6500K bulb for a 5500K light output. I also got their Black RetroRubber (light housing sealant) and their IRIS projector Shroud.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cree, do you get much hood glare from the roof mount?
Nope! no glare, i have it angled just high enough where it doesnt shine off the hood yet still lights up everything in front of me! Next time im out at night ill take some pics from the cabin with it on, to give a better idea!

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Semco, post up when you get 'em installed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts