Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home tonite, I pulled into the driveway, realized we had to switch cars. My wife gets out to back out her CRV. I was about 6 feet behind the CRV. I was tired, I was rubbing my eyes when I felt and heard a crash! I had left my RL in drive and my foot relaxed from the brakes. All I could think of was how stupid I was! I jumped out (after placing in park) to look at the damage!! Nothing on the RL. I looked at her CRV, nothing. That was the biggest relief I've had in a long time. My wifeasked if I had good insurance:)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
What did you expect they were both Hondas........
My daughter went on a short cruise this week, her traveling friend left her car here, I still have my 99 Passport, my wife's car 2002 Accord, my daughters car 2003 Civic, her friend's 2003 CRV and the RL. When I pulled up after work today I envisioned a Honda car lot..... I turned them all around so they all face the street. Any body would like to buy the Passport?

L

·
0 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Coming home tonite, I pulled into the driveway, realized we had to switch cars. My wife gets out to back out her CRV. I was about 6 feet behind the CRV. I was tired, I was rubbing my eyes when I felt and heard a crash! I had left my RL in drive and my foot relaxed from the brakes. All I could think of was how stupid I was! I jumped out (after placing in park) to look at the damage!! Nothing on the RL. I looked at her CRV, nothing. That was the biggest relief I've had in a long time. My wifeasked if I had good insurance:)
OMG Tex...I am so glad ALL of you are alright. I know how devastated you would have been if anything was damaged. Just glad you and Sonia are alright. :)
Sonia..put that man to bed!!!!
:D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
That must have been a sick feeling until you saw there was no damage!

While in Canada, hubby was pulling into the driveway slot in front of our cabin. He'd forgotten there was a log barrier at the front of the slot. I was in front of the truck with the dogs and hollered at him to back up. He'd snugged right up to that log and about mid way up the bumper there was a good inch deep depression where the bumper was bending around the edge of the log. I thought sure we'd have a crack or at least paint damage, but the plastic sprung right back into shape. It may not have done that in the winter.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ladyridge said:
OMG Tex...I am so glad ALL of you are alright. I know how devastated you would have been if anything was damaged. Just glad you and Sonia are alright. :)
Sonia..put that man to bed!!!!
:D
How are yo'all faring in the snow storm, two feet!!?? Stay warm my friend.:)

L

·
0 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
How are yo'all faring in the snow storm, two feet!!?? Stay warm my friend.:)
3 feet so far. More to come at 4am.....
Thanks dear heart!!!
:)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Times have changed. I backed a 79 Ford F 150 with a 6" lift and 35" tires into a 1980 Accord that my dad had parked right behind me. Could not see it at ALL. Heard a big crunch. The truck was fine. The grill and hood were gone. I guess that is why they have laws now. That front end went right under. But I know that sick feeling of hitting your own vehicle. That can get real costly with 2 in the shop!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
3 feet so far. More to come at 4am.....
Wow! A big snowstorm in November? Are pictures forthcoming? Is Ridgena itching to go out and play?

L

·
0 Posts
Webwader said:
Wow! A big snowstorm in November? Are pictures forthcoming? Is Ridgena itching to go out and play?
Ridgena??? Heck..LadyRidge can't wait to go make some snow angels!!
I'll be sure and get some pictures posted Web!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ladyridge said:
Ridgena??? Heck..LadyRidge can't wait to go make some snow angels!!
I'll be sure and get some pictures posted Web!!!! :)
We're getting a huge amount too!!! One inch accumulation!! My God, what will I do??:D

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Take two no-doz and stay safe Tex! We all need you here on the ROC!!:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Boy, I'm glad I don't live where you guys do. Southern Rhode Island may have gotten a light dusting, Lots of heavy rain.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Glad that there was no damage to either vehicle, Tex.

Wow, lots of snow there in Ohio, LadyRidge! Can't wait to see the pictures :) It's just cold here today, 16degrees, windchill = 0

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
5S Dude said:
Take two no-doz and stay safe Tex! We all need you here on the ROC!!:)
Thanks Dude. What's a no doz? I intend to be around awhile:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can attest to the rear bumper on the Ridgeline and the front on '05 Outbacks. My wife was following me on errands and fell asleep stopped (behind me) for a traffic light. I could imagine the damage -- both nearly brand new vehicles with dents.

However, there was no visible damage to either.

(Yes, I am saving that incident for "credit" in the future. :D )

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can attest to the rear bumper on the Ridgeline and the front on '05 Outbacks. My wife was following me on errands and fell asleep stopped (behind me) for a traffic light. I could imagine the damage -- both nearly brand new vehicles with dents.

However, there was no visible damage to either.

(Yes, I am saving that incident for "credit" in the future. :D )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts