Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I offered 500 over invoice and it was accepted.
A 175 + 27 title fee was tacked on at close. :mad:
Should have walked, but I did'nt

Truck is nice. Too bad they are always looking to suck some more money from you. My advice is to offer invoice an not act too in love with the truck. They are going to suck some more money out of you some way

I think Gas, and america truck rebates are keeping the heat off sales.

good luck on you buying battles.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I personally think you got a great deal. $500 over is a great price and the fees you allude to may be $50-$60 too much but geeze you got $2,700 - $2,900 off MSRP.

I should say that I sent out 9 emails (I live in Taos, New Mexico) last night: 3 to Colorado, 4 to New Mexico and 2 to Texas offering $500 over and absolutely NO dealer installed anything. I had a dealer call me from New Mexico and state that he just couldn't sell for that price plus he didn't have any in stock (smaller dealer) and that in Phoenix they were getting $1,500 over MSRP; had one from Colorado email me back with $500 off MSRP which I emailed back and thanked; had one from Texas who simply emailed me back and said good luck!!!!! I emailed him back with all the sales figures, etc, etc. - he emailed me back and said wow you did a lot of research to which I emailed back and thanked him.

BUT.... then I received an email from the other Texas dealer who just wanted to verify what I wanted. He then called me about 5 minutes after I sent my confirmation email and said yes, he had a Amazon Green RTL w/moonroof that the transport had delivered yesterday, had not been prepped yet and had no nothing installed and he would sell it to me for my $500 over factory invoice offer - no nothing added. He faxed me a sales agreement stating same with about $150 in fees ($21 of which was a state inspection sticker). I gave him a $500 deposit and will pick up the truck next Wednesday in the Dallas area and drive back to Taos.

I had my smart ass New Mexico dealer email me that he would give me $500 for every Ridgeline I could buy at my offer ($500 over factory invoice - $30,376) with no adds of any kind regardless of color or model. I emailed him back and told him I would be at his dealership Friday, June 17th to get my $500 along with all my paperwork and my new truck and that I fully expected him to stand behind his offer and not try to wiggle out of it (I'll post later about the results of his "rash" decision).

A Colorado dealer offered $30,500 which I would have accepted if it had been 2 hours earlier just because I had called them a month earlier and they were really professional and nice on the phone and through emails.

SO...... I emailed 9 Honda dealers last evening offering $500 over factory invoice for a RTL w/moonroof about 8:00 MDT and by 10:00 a.m. today, I had bought a truck at MY PRICE. It will cost me $300 to fly my wife and 15 month old baby girl and myself to get it in the Dallas area BUT I have a lot of relatives there who have never met my wife much less have seen my baby so it is a vacation for us albiet only a 3-4 day one :p

I will post more details about my deal, the dealer, the kind of service I received and recommendations next week sometime when I get back from Dallas.

So RidgeNH, I hear you about the fees but man we got G-R-E-A-T deals on a fantastic truck that many, many on this forum would have loved to have gotten and didn't :eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Both were good deals.

Dealing with a LOT of dealships is the key. For those of you still looking, there are dealers here in SoCal with lots of rigs on their lots. If you get get away from the state sales tax, you might get a good deal!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Halabar said:
Both were good deals.

Dealing with a LOT of dealships is the key. For those of you still looking, there are dealers here in SoCal with lots of rigs on their lots. If you get get away from the state sales tax, you might get a good deal!
I am in SoCal too, and bought mine out of state. Don't think you can get away from state sales tax. The DMV collects it when you register. I didn't pay sales tax in the state I bought it though, just back home.

·
Registered
112 Posts
AHart said:
I am in SoCal too, and bought mine out of state. Don't think you can get away from state sales tax. The DMV collects it when you register. I didn't pay sales tax in the state I bought it though, just back home.
Actually, I meant it for folks out of CA to buy in CA. But I guess it does go both ways. For those in states without sales-tax, you might be able to get a good deal!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Ridgeman,

The dealer who told you that Phoenix was getting $1500 over MSRP is lying. I live in AZ, bought my RL for $1,700 under MSRP (RTL w/moonroof) in April and last weekend (Memorial Day) I helped my friend negotiate one for for $2,100 under (RTL with navi). And on that day they had 14 other RL's on the lot.

I got mine in Tempe, the outskirts and basically part of the Phoenix metro area.

So RidgeNH, you got a great deal at $702 over invoice! Wish my friend and I could have done as well!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think I got a good deal bought a RTL with moonroof for $33,192 out the door including TTL with roof rack, mud flaps, paint sealer, int sealer, wheel locks and tinted windows. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi,

Going on three weeks I think the deal was ok, I would hold out for Invoice now though. The Deals the Ford and GM are puting out now are putting presure on the honda dealers.
Love the truck.
RidgeNH.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts