Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a camping trip, first long trip without towing my boat so I was most curious how the my Ridge would feel and perform on it's own. I usually don't drive that fast but I was following my speedy sister with no traffic averaging 85mph, little fast and slower sometimes. With two people in the truck, loaded with gear, A/C alway on, 100-106 degrees, strong head wind on half the trip, I was impressed to see I got 18mpg. It felt very confident at the high speeds and I hardly gave it a second thought. I saw two other white Ridges on the road, they looked my way but no other reaction even though I smiled and waved. Think we need a secret hand signal :)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I have almost 1600 miles on my Ridge and Thursday will be the first time I will take it on a trip of more than 50 miles. So far I am getting about 16.5mpg average but I only take two or three mile tirps most days and the air is always on here in Texas. I will be going 300 miles one way so it would be great to see some better mileage figures.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My recent road trip was about 300 miles round trip. I had just gone over 600 miles at the time. That trip, I average about 19.5. I think it'll go up more with some more miles on the truck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Trip from CT to ME, 600 miles roundtrip got 21mpg both ways with A/C. No real hills and 3 people in the truck. 6k miles on truck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It seems that there is a breakin period before mileage increases. I was getting around 16.5 for the 1st 1k miles. Do an 80 mile round trip to Asheville once a week, but up a 6 % grade at Old Fort mtn for 5 miles @ 62.5 mph. Now at 1200 to 1300 miles, did a round trip mtn road trip to Boone, NC and Todd, NC to a blues festivole of 144 miles and got 18 mph. I like the 18 mph figure, more like my 2005 4 Runner. Will be going down to Anderson, SC from Marion NC: hwy 221 to hwy 74 to I26 to I 85 to Anderson a round trip of 240 miles on Thursday and will see. I won't take a full tank when I leave Marion because gas is 10 to 12 cents cheaper in SC, but I should get better mileage when 200 miles of the trip will be flat.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I started getting a consistent high 19-22mpg after 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
At 100mph, a piece of my roof rack blew off :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ouch, I had what looked like an 8 inch chunk of wood trimmings slam the windshield. It went up and over, didn't even damage the roof deflector. Think I got lucky....

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just got back from a 1000 mile road trip. I currently have only 1600 miles on my ridge. My first tank I didn't check the mileage because I didn't know if the dealer topped it off. My second tank got me 15.5 mpg in town. When I went on this trip from South Carolina to Kentucky, I averaged 75 MPH and got an average of 19.1 MPG. I had 3 adults in the truck and the trunk was full of luggage. I set the cruise and had plenty of power through the mountains.

My only complaint was a semi-constant whistle between 60 and 75 mph. I HAVE to find what is causing it. It drives me crazy. My truck was built this past June so it seems they haven't fixed the whistle problem yet!

Oh well! I still love my ridge.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My mileage improved with time. I have 6k now. Drove from CT to ME 600 mile round trip with a/c on and got 21-22mpg. BTW I have a black RTS and and 03 Highlander which my wife will barely drive anymore.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Excuse me. But speeding is against the law. :( Honda makes a great truck and all the safety tests are for lower speeds and fully strapped in correctly passengers, that means that the seat belt and shoulder belt on correctly.
NHTSA tests show that vehicle crashes at speeds greater than 65 MPH there is a 75% chance of a fatality, even if everythings is worn and working correctly. OK enough of raining on your parade.:p
It does drive nice at highway speeds.
I vote for the secret hand wave. :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
vertrkr said:
Just got back from a camping trip, first long trip without towing my boat so I was most curious how the my Ridge would feel and perform on it's own. I usually don't drive that fast but I was following my speedy sister with no traffic averaging 85mph, little fast and slower sometimes. With two people in the truck, loaded with gear, A/C alway on, 100-106 degrees, strong head wind on half the trip, I was impressed to see I got 18mpg. It felt very confident at the high speeds and I hardly gave it a second thought. I saw two other white Ridges on the road, they looked my way but no other reaction even though I smiled and waved. Think we need a secret hand signal :)
Hello vertrkr. Hope you & sis had a great camping trip and drive, sounds like you also got decent mileage too. BTW, did the camper shell photos from SEMA help you make up your mind yet?

Ron

·
Registered
7 Posts
Godskid,

I just got back from a 500 mile trip as well and also noticed the whistle above 75 MPH. I could not find the source.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Excuse me. But speeding is against the law.
I am so tired of people condeming others because they chose not to follow speed limits or wear their seatbelts. Its a personal choice. Every person that does this KNOWS the law and doesn't need some self-rightouse do gooder constantly pointing this out.

FYI - I disabled my seatbelt alert so that I don't have to wear my seatbelt. That doesn't make me a bad person. I know all of the risks involved and don't need anyone telling me otherwise.

::Stepping down off my soapbox::

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Buckeye gets the "Dig Up An Old Thread For The Heck Of It" award.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Buckeye gets the "Dig Up An Old Thread For The Heck Of It" award.
If he had only waited 8 more days to post it would have been a ROC record!!:cool: 3 years!!;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts