Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a business trip in the Detroit area at the end of June 2015. I filled up (didn't pump any more after the pump clicked off) in Shepherdsville, Kentucky, about 20 miles south of Louisville. I drove up I-71, to I-75, to Detroit. I conducted business the next day, and departed in Detroit late-afternoon rush hour traffic. Returning southbound, the trip became fun: looking at mileage, looking at the "Range" value, watching Google maps for exits that had gas.

If you divide 501 miles by 19.45 gallons (pump clicked off), you get 25.76 mpg.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The dust is due to using my Ridge renovating a 119 year-old house. There's not been a lot of time to clean it as much as I would like.

Departing Detroit:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For what it's worth...

I drive my Ridge as if it were a semi (easy acceleration, low rpms). I use Cruise Control in areas such as mid-Ohio where you have lots of flat ground. (If the area has enough hills to cause CC to shift down and generate high-rpms, I don't use it). I had the oem tonneau cover on for this trip, but think its aerodynamic benefits are negated by its weight in stop-n-go situations. I used regular low-octane gas from a store that is branded BP, but has signage on the pumps saying they may not be selling BP gas. I used A/C most of the trip.

If you drive steady, and give the Ridgeline time to settle in and learn your driving, it will do a good job.

Here is a shot I took on the way north when I realized I was doing pretty well with the mileage, to confirm my odometer for those who don't want to believe this is possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2011 RTL w/Nav
307 Posts
That's pretty impressive. I agree that driving style and conditions can make a big difference in your mpg. The best I ever got from a tank was a little over 23 mpg. That was all highway and mostly at about 65 mph.

·
Registered
479 Posts
That's extremely good mpg for a Ridgeline, 2 mpg better than my best tank. What speeds were traveling for most of those miles?

Driving the way you do inflicts a mileage penalty on my truck, mine does better with relatively spirited driving.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd say between 65 and 70 the biggest part of the trip. Going through metro Cincinnati, Toledo, and Louisville has major construction right now. Drove in Detroit rush hour. It's hard to guess what the average might have been. But the vast majority of the 500 miles was interstate cruising.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts