Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are offering a special of $500 off MSRP for in stock units at this time. At the current time I have a red RTL and a Silver RTL S/R that just came in. Contact me at [email protected] if interested. We are in Tennessee.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
swampler said:
Where at in TN? I talked to a dealer in Nashville last night that will do $500 off MSRP, even if not in stock.

East Tennessee. 30 min outside Knoxville

·
Registered
491 Posts
Christn-

I don't think $500 of MSRP is so special...if you look on Edmunds forums you can see the highest off MSRP is $1500 posted this week. Come on, prices are on the way down, you can do better than that for our folks in TN..... I already got $1200 off in the NE region :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
AND...you didn't add all of the add-ons at the dealer did you?? Because most people don't want to pay for what they don't want...so keep them stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybearidge said:
AND...you didn't add all of the add-ons at the dealer did you?? Because most people don't want to pay for what they don't want...so keep them stock.

We don't add anything to ours except muds and wheels locks which are in the price. I don't know what kind of dealer you are used to but we don't load ours up with options and make you buy them. We are an honest and open dealer. If you can get $1200 off MSRP then you got a good deal. In my area they are not discounting them. We are getting two per month and $500 off is a good discount for us. Thats the reason we have sold about 50-55 Honda Care warranties on this forum and on the Odyssey forum for $25 over cost.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Fair enough- I am sure you are a good dealer. If you read around you will see that a lot of dealers are adding on first and then discounting. so the mud flaps and wheel locks add about $175 correct?

As far as the price - the "company line" from all of the dealers in my area is MSRP ONLY too...I called 10 dealers and heard that. I pushed and got $800 from one dealer and $1200 from my selling dealer ..... and we all know the mark up is 3-4K. :eek:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
christn said:
We don't add anything to ours except muds and wheels locks which are in the price. I don't know what kind of dealer you are used to but we don't load ours up with options and make you buy them. We are an honest and open dealer. If you can get $1200 off MSRP then you got a good deal. In my area they are not discounting them. We are getting two per month and $500 off is a good discount for us. Thats the reason we have sold about 50-55 Honda Care warranties on this forum and on the Odyssey forum for $25 over cost.
Cost is relative to both the seller and buyer. I bought mine for MSRP and I got exactly what I want and I am happy. You can make the argument that the price will go down...which it will but in the mean time, you don't have a truck. Are you happy then? I know this is not the same comparison but here in sunny California where home prices are outrageous, sometimes there is comfort in getting what you want when you want and the price you pay is part of the game. In my area, a 1500 sq ft house goes for about $380,000.00. Ask Blue and Vertrkr about their experiences in the Bay Area...now that place is crazy! BTW buy the extended warranty from christn...I did and I am happy.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
bongus said:
Cost is relative to both the seller and buyer. I bought mine for MSRP and I got exactly what I want and I am happy. You can make the argument that the price will go down...which it will but in the mean time, you don't have a truck. Are you happy then? I know this is not the same comparison but here in sunny California where home prices are outrageous, sometimes there is comfort in getting what you want when you want and the price you pay is part of the game. In my area, a 1500 sq ft house goes for about $380,000.00. Ask Blue and Vertrkr about their experiences in the Bay Area...now that place is crazy! BTW buy the extended warranty from christn...I did and I am happy.
Very true indeed. I bought at MSRP and have no remorse and would not even it they started selling at invoice next month, well maybe a little but that's not going to happen. As for housing, it's just crazy. I'm glad I bought mine in '99 before the market went nuts, its more than doubled in value now in my area. I can never afford to move again, I'm stuck :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here in MI haven't heard of any dealer selling below MSRP.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Of course you have not heard that...they don't want to say that yet!
as for houses in CA...have you seen the prices in North Jersey? A car is a lux....a house is needed. I'm sure you are happy, but like I saw somewhere else on this board, after the newness wears off in a few weeks and you make a few payments, your outlook may change.

·
Registered
361 Posts
MaybeRidge,

We need more people like you to keep dealers honest. Unfortunately, cars seems to sell at MSRP here in SF Bay area. When I got my Sienna, my brother in Richmond, VA got the same car at the same time for $1000 less. In general, I think dealers here have to charge more here because everything cost more around here.

On top of that, we have to pay 8.5% sales tax on the RL. MaybeRidge, can you do something about our sales tax? And our 11% state income tax? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Maybe Maybearidge can negotiate everybody's deals since he's such a great negotiator. Hey, maybe he can negotiate my tax return too?

I got a great deal on my Ridgeline. For me. I don't know who appointed this guy the Good Deal Judge but dissing other poster's choices in how they spend their money is unnecessary. Even more unnecessary is dissing a dealer who is not only offering a discount on the sales price, but on an extended warranty as well.

I have no problem with people posting the deal they got, but when others are criticized for their choices, that's over the line.

Give it a rest Maybearidge.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
All that matters is if you are happy with the deal that you made. I will be paying MSRP and I have no complaints and I am satisfied with that deal.

My perspective may be a little different. As a physician, my group has to negotiate managed care contracts with various 3rd party payors. We never get what we charge. We always get a percentage and sometimes not a very good one. And that percentage can decrease from year to year depending on Medicare reimbursement (many 3rd party payors use Medicare as a 'yardstick' for what they should charge). So, living on the other end of the negotiations concerning price, I have no problem paying MSRP for this vehicle. Heck, you generally pay MSRP on most things that you buy in the store anyway.

Sorry for the impromptu diatribe on health insurance reimbursement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ugh, I am happy with my Ridgeline (green RTS) might of considered the RTL if it was $500 off MSRP :) I have contacted christn's dealership and spoke with Darryl Setsor, between that conversation and the post on this site I know I can get an extended warranty for about $500 less than my local dealer would offer. Additionally I know I can wait a few months to buy it Thanks Christn!! My personal buying experience would have been a lot better if my dealer hadn't tried to add $1,500 to the price for the pleasure of doing business with him? This came off pretty quick when I started to leave, but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Particularly since I was already quoted MSRP when I put down a deposit a few weeks before I received my truck. If anything kills this truck it will not be the truck itself, but some salesmen getting a little too greedy with a new product. I did not even want talk about accessories after that; unlike some of my relatives I don't enjoy haggling. Obviously I don't like being ripped either, nor do I want to rip anyone else off. These forums are such a valuable tool, thanks too all the honest dealers & Ridgeline owners for all the info. :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Shovelhead-

It's your money....hey, maybe that's why you call yourself shovelhead.
Do you think the dealer is posting that for them or for you? They
understand market competition and obviously you don't. I'm not
critizing anyone's deal...I'm trying to get others a better deal! This
is something you have a much more direct chance of changing...as for
your taxes..vote or move to another state.

Do you get to set your own pay every year?? Honda does by setting the
consumer price that you are paying. Do you not shop at Walmart because
they force competion in their market? Or do you enjoy the benefits?
It's a free world and it's your choice. Why is there a topic called
shoppin and not buying on the Ridgeline forum do you think? Do you know how other countries sell cars? It's not like this. The single most important contribution the internet has made is the easy disemination of information to the masses....use it as you wish. What about HandA?? They understand how a free market works and are capitalizing on it by offering better prices. I bought accesories from them...did you?

Doc...you are not a third party...you are the second party in a car
purchase. That's what free trade is..unfortunately you have a third
party involved in your business that is driven by a fouth
party...litigators....AND doctors are fighting back for their
money-great job!-that's what you have to do and that's what I'll do for
my finances.

But, that all said, if you have to be the first one with a
Ridgeline...spend away! :p

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Nothing wrong with trying to get the best deal you can. I've negotiated a few cars to less than invoice. The trick is find a dealer who's in a pinch at the end of the month/quarter or year and needs to makes some sales to meet a quota for a variety of reasons. I paid msrp this time because I had to have it and knew it's hopeless to try and deal on a new model right off the bat.

This is an excellent resource to help you understand all the complexities and gives you info needed to help get your best price that you'd be hard pressed to find elsewhere. It cost about $25 but well worth it.

http://www.fightingchance.com/

If you don't want to do all the leg work there's another service that will do all the negotiating for you, they are a non-profit group and well known to the dealers. It cost like $190 but worth it if you don't have the time or skills.

http://www.checkbook.org/auto/carbarg.cfm

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Maybearidge,

Believe it or not I do understand how free markets work, how to negotiate a deal, and the value of a commodity in it's lifecycle. So you and I have more in common than you think. It's your condescending tone and your insistence on degrading the role of the car dealer that I have a problem with.

I've said my piece. It's up to you if you choose to listen. For the sake of this board I'm going to drop it right here. If you have anything else to say to me, take it to a PM.

P.S. A shovelhead is a motorcycle.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Obviously you don't. You negogiated MSRP? Is there a word in that acronym that says "negotiatable" maybe the word suggested?

I'm trying to help others save some of their hard earned money which obviously you could care less about. I've got a lot of PMs asking me where the deal was and the salesperson asked me to send him business. Guess what single industry has the largest number of consumer fraud reports?

Now that you are done bending over for your deal, step aside and let others try and get something more for their hard earned money.

Oh no...vertrkr just posted some resources for negotiating...what a crime.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts