Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 RTL-E here's my update so far for other interested parties.

- At 48K, the third gear transmission switch was throwing a P0848 code causing a rough shift into gear. Dealer replaced it under 50K mile warranty, had to take it back since it was leaking transmission fluid - most likely the mechanic at the dealership didn't torque it to the correct specs and ripped the gasket.

- At 45K replaced all four tires, could have gone longer but with winter coming up didn't want to chance it.

- At 37K miles, the rear view camera went out. The wiring harness was frayed. This is a known issue with the wiring harness. Dealer refused to fix since it was over 36K miles. Spliced the frayed cable myself, soldered it and its been solid ever since.

Been replacing all fluids myself and its an easy truck to work on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I only have 2500 on my BE but I will keep a close eye on the wiring harness.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have 47 on mine. Only issue jus5 popped up being a water leak around the shark fin antenna. Water runs down both sides of the rear window.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a 2018 RTL-E here's my update so far for other interested parties.

- At 48K, the third gear transmission switch was throwing a P0848 code causing a rough shift into gear. Dealer replaced it under 50K mile warranty, had to take it back since it was leaking transmission fluid - most likely the mechanic at the dealership didn't torque it to the correct specs and ripped the gasket.

- At 45K replaced all four tires, could have gone longer but with winter coming up didn't want to chance it.

- At 37K miles, the rear view camera went out. The wiring harness was frayed. This is a known issue with the wiring harness. Dealer refused to fix since it was over 36K miles. Spliced the frayed cable myself, soldered it and its been solid ever since.

Been replacing all fluids myself and its an easy truck to work on.
Very similar here with a 2017 sport.

Rear cam harness split wires the same times as the need for a new transmission at 58k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
804 Posts
Where does the camera harness fray? Is it something we can wrap with tape or flex conduit to fix ahead of time?
Subject of a sticky thread in subforum 2G Problems, Fixes & TSB's:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bottom left of tailgate (while standing at the back of the truck looking at the tailgate). You’ll see the wires coming out of the bottom left side of the bed into the bottom left of the tailgate.

Every time you open and close it flexes. Not enough play in the harness / wires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the longer mileage update. I'm sure we are all hoping this is a long term trouble free vehicle. Interesting transmission issue. Would changing the tranny fluid more often have helped avoid this I wonder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts