Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did my oil change today, 6750 miles, minder at 30%. Used Mobil1 0w20. Took 5.5 quarts to get oil level just below full line.

-re-inspected C601, not a trace of moisture inside (CRCed at 13 miles)

-CRCed every remaining connector in the rear of the truck

-oil filter positioning allows you to fill the filter with oil. If you do your own oil change be sure to do this. Dealers should but probably don't.

-found a few acorns stored by critters under the engine cover. The truck is garaged. Vac-ed them out and put a good layer of 656 on the intake should ward off the new critter tenants

-wanted to do spark plug inspection, mainly to determine if there were any under-torque issues (early S2000 engine had plugs back out from factory and kill many engines) glad to report torque is good. Also wanted to note if the rear plugs (VCM) were experiencing any variation in burn deposits than the front. Barely noticeable color variation. All in all very happy with findings. Can you tell which bank are the VCM plugs?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did my oil change today, 6750 miles, minder at 30%. Used Mobil1 0w20. Took 5.5 quarts to get oil level just below full line.

-re-inspected C601, not a trace of moisture inside (CRCed at 13 miles)

-CRCed every remaining connector in the rear of the truck

-found a few acorns stored by critters under the engine cover. The truck is garaged. Vac-ed them out and put a good layer of 656 on the intake should ward off the new critter tenants

Understood most of what was written, but need help with:

What is the C601 you reinspected?;
What remaining connectors in the rear of the truck were CRCed - that what is CRCed an abbreviation for?;
and what is the 656 that you layered on the intake?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Thanks for sharing. If this engine is like the Accord, the VCM is on the firewall side. You will see a solenoid on the side of the bank facing the firewall. I had a valve cover gasket leak on that bank on my Accord V6, wouldn't think the DI Earth Dreams is much different.

·
Registered
313 Posts
-wanted to do spark plug inspection, mainly to determine if there were any under-torque issues (early S2000 engine had plugs back out from factory and kill many engines) glad to report torque is good.
BillmanMotion, can you give the torque specs for the spark plugs? I'd like to check mine too. Thanks

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The plugs on the left are the VCM plugs. I'm not sure of the torque as I have a feel for it. But based on my findings, no one needs to worry about their plug torque.

CRC is a marine protectant similar to WD40. A search for C601 on this site will clear things up.

Forgot to mention I also did the dif fluid. Happy to report the fluid was 100% spotless, just more insurance for us that the dif is doing well and does NOT need an early service. The S2000 dif fluid was black as paint at 1000 miles due to break in. After the initial service it can go 35k and come out spotless.

Will be inspecting the front dif soon (there is a front gearbox isolated from the trans with its own gear oil)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts