Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in sunny Scottsdale,AZ the mark up is $6999.. I cant belive it!!! Do you think HMC knows the greed that is going on ???? :mad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just think of the poor sucker that pays that. Then down the road when they try to resale. I remember when the S2000 first came out. Talk about dealer gorging. I saw one on a dealership floor for $49,000. I just laughed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I tried to buy my 1st S2000 back in 99 the dealer i had my deposit at called me and said your car jsut got here come pick it up 47,000.00 :eek: I said ok be right there, went stright to the Porsche dealer and picked up a new Boxster for 48,000.00 went to the dealer "Metro Honda" told them this is what i got for 48K. Sales guy said well we could have maybe dropped the price about 5k.

Glad i waited though casue when I picked up my 02 I got it for 31k and when i bought my 04 i got it for 30,500.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
That's crazay insane!! But like I've always said, just move on to the next dealer. There are plenty out there who want to sell vehicles. Let the others sit in their offices inflating their egos. Sheesh....I just don't understand it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
80honda said:
Just think of the poor sucker that pays that. Then down the road when they try to resale. I remember when the S2000 first came out. Talk about dealer gorging. I saw one on a dealership floor for $49,000. I just laughed.
I'm still laughing after reading that.

This is a nice vehicle for a transaction price of ~ $30K.

Just thing of what can be had for $49K...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
well, the dealer where i went and took my first and second test drive wanted a RL-RTS w/ one tow package option, his price was with tax+license was 44K out the door. basically, Yea right, so how much is it really! 44K with a standard 10% down. :eek: call me when you hit the sales and start asking for a lower price or some mark downs. then i walked out the door. Cash payments, i guess doesn't give you discounts anymore. I was going to give full cash payment, if not cash my CU financing. So stil doing the waiting game and trying to sell my current car.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
kanji said:
So stil doing the waiting game and trying to sell my current car.
Kanji, I suggest you make the drive to Northern CA. I know a couple of dealerships up here that will sell at MSRP. PM me if you are interested, I can give you their names and numbers. :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Holy Cow!

I guess some people are willing to pay that. I bought my Ridge in Fairbanks, Alaska, a place known for crazy dealer markups. However my dealer here, Auto Service Company, knocked quite a bit off the MSRP and I drove out a happy camper.

Interested how the Ridge will do in the snow and ice next winter, maybe I should go for a drive now as it is 18F and snowing, UGHHH. BTW first new rig for me in 16 years and now I know what I have been missing, that cruise control stuff is really cool!

Andre

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
bongus said:
Kanji, I suggest you make the drive to Northern CA. I know a couple of dealerships up here that will sell at MSRP. PM me if you are interested, I can give you their names and numbers. :cool:
thanx bongus, i still would like to sell my current car first and check with the dealers in L.A. If nothing else, i may take your offer and head north.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Kanji,
I was just at a dealership here in Ventura County and they wanted MSRP, I turned that one down, since I can get one below MSRP... the deals are out there, you just have to be patient
:D

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
mkmatsuman said:
Hey Kanji,
I was just at a dealership here in Ventura County and they wanted MSRP, I turned that one down, since I can get one below MSRP... the deals are out there, you just have to be patient
:D
Also let me know where i can get one below MSRP if you don't mind, i may have to just head down. Thanx for the heads up.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I do not know what to beleive anymore. There are people posting at Edmunds they got invoice price. Dealer here also advertise invoice price (one at this price, Stevens Creek Honda) . Perhaps the ones with windshield noise is selling at invoice?

Personally, I think the RL is a great truck and anyone who can buy at invoice is really lucky. I was the early MSRP owner.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Blue said:
I do not know what to beleive anymore. There are people posting at Edmunds they got invoice price. Dealer here also advertise invoice price (one at this price, Stevens Creek Honda) . Perhaps the ones with windshield noise is selling at invoice?

Personally, I think the RL is a great truck and anyone who can buy at invoice is really lucky. I was the early MSRP owner.
i guess dealer's ad's that says one at this price is a way to get people to come in. I have witnessed a friend trying to buy a vehicle after seing an ad stating one at this price. then to ask where is the vehicle at the price of the ad I'm ready to buy at that price. Well, what do you know, it has been sold already.
Same day ad and the vehicle was sold already...gee that was fast. :confused: :p

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
In the Chicago Area, I went to 8 different dealers. In the past with GM, Jeep etc.. I always managed at least 5K under sticker, or I would walk.
With the ridgeline, only one dealer of 8 was willing to go below sticker. They gave $500 more for my trade & $500 off sticker. I know they still made a killing, but 1K is better than no K :)
Has anyone been able to get a better deal?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
JP, that's ridiculous! :mad: I went to Tempe Honda and got mine for $1,263 BELOW MSRP :D (I am also buying an 05 Oddy).

Try dealing with internet/fleet. They started negotiations at $500 below. Ask for Aaron.

Good Luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts