Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RL has 4,700 miles on it. Oil life is reading 40%. The family and I are traveling from Md to SC. I called the dealer to have 7,500 mile service done before we leave. Dealer said unless there is some other reason to bring the truck in, they would rather I wait until 7,500 or closer to it. The service person talked about the special break in oil Honda starts with. I said fine I will wait. I tell ya though, while I'm down there and the mileage and, or, oil life gets close I will be searching for the nearest Dealer.

L

·
0 Posts
RRPRTS said:
My RL has 4,700 miles on it. Oil life is reading 40%. The family and I are traveling from Md to SC. I called the dealer to have 7,500 mile service done before we leave. Dealer said unless there is some other reason to bring the truck in, they would rather I wait until 7,500 or closer to it. The service person talked about the special break in oil Honda starts with. I said fine I will wait. I tell ya though, while I'm down there and the mileage and, or, oil life gets close I will be searching for the nearest Dealer.

He's right. That's what they told me at my dealership when I was ready but I had it done anyway because it had 30% life. This time it went down to 10% before I had it done at 11K.

·
Registered
460 Posts
RRPRTS said:
i wouldn't sweat it too much there RRPRTS. it really is best to leave that oil in there as long as possible.....manual recommends changing oil at the 5% mark if i remember correctly.....(been a while since i read it). plus, manual tells you NOT to change first oil until the recommended time. so, unless you are going to have like 1-1500 miles over the 5% mark, you should be fine. plus your trip will be mostly hwy which of course is easier on the oil/engine. ;) safe travels.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My dealer told me the first oil change should be done at 4750 miles so i did it at that time the oil life meter was at 30%, I changed the oil with amsoil 5w20 synthetic and amsoil super duty filter, My dealer recommended using synthetic oil I told them i planned on using it even if you didnt recommened using it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts