Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a 2019 RTL-E. The only real drawback for me is the infotainment system. I am willing to spend about $800 to get an aftermarket stereo that has wireless Apple CarPlay, but i don’t want to lose the functions of the passenger side mirror camera and the three camera options on the back. Does anyone have experience changing the stereo out? Do you lose those cameras or does it just need to be wired correctly?

Thanks

·
Administrator
23,084 Posts
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a 2019 RTL-E. The only real drawback for me is the infotainment system. I am willing to spend about $800 to get an aftermarket stereo that has wireless Apple CarPlay, but i don’t want to lose the functions of the passenger side mirror camera and the three camera options on the back. Does anyone have experience changing the stereo out? Do you lose those cameras or does it just need to be wired correctly?

Thanks
The RTL-E doesn't have the LaneWatch camera on the passenger side rearview mirror - only the RTL-T does.

You can use a three-throw switch to choose between camera views.

However, if you remove the factory Display Audio system you'll lose the ability to customize lights, locks, sounds, Honda Sensing features, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The RTL-E doesn't have the LaneWatch camera on the passenger side rearview mirror - only the RTL-T does.

You can use a three-throw switch to choose between camera views.

However, if you remove the factory Display Audio system you'll lose the ability to customize lights, locks, sounds, Honda Sensing features, etc.
Thank you so much! I was not able to find any other thread or article detailing this.

Sounds like its either the 8" infotainment that comes with the trim or no Ridgeline at all.

In your personal experience, is that specific infotainment screen glitchy, smudged, slow, etc; ?

·
Administrator
23,084 Posts
The one in my 2017 RTL-E would rarely display black maps and reboot spontaneously. The one in my 2019 RTL-E frequently won't let me turn off the truck bed audio speakers without driving. Generally, it seems more stable than the newer and more complex system used in the current Pilot/Passport.

Fingerprints are an annoyance, but I rarely use the screen. Most of my interaction is through the steering wheel controls and voice commands.

I personally don't find it slow, but others feel that it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.