Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I've owned my ridgeline for about 15 months, almost have 8,000 miles and have only pumped 93 in the truck. Is that bad?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Like the title says, I've owned my ridgeline for about 15 months, almost have 8,000 miles and have only pumped 93 in the truck. Is that bad?
No not bad, just not necessary. You only need 93 when towing according to the owners manual.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Only bad for your wallet, imo.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
No it does not hurt anything. You should get the smoothest possible performance, and extra HP and better un fuel a tad.

I've done the same with mine. Truck will run fine with 87, better with 89 and the same as 89 with 91 or 93.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
True, biggest improvement seems to be 89 over 87. Beyond that it seems to result in diminishing returns fairly quickly.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
I wish I could see/feel the difference in 89/93 over 87 octane. Then I would be tempted to pay 20+ cents/gallon more for it. But I've never noticed any difference in either performance or mpgs in the several times I've tried multiple tanks of the higher octane fuel.

The only difference I've ever noted was using nonEgas for a 7 month trial. I carefully fueled (overfueled to just below the brim so as to be consistent*) and documented a respectable gain in mpgs.

* Note: that was before I became educated about the issues associated with overfilling the tank.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
10hp is subtle, especially when most of it is at the top of the RPM range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts