Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my RTL S/R yesterday. Have been playing with the auto door unlock programming without success. Build date 9/05, owners manual number 31SJC602 00X31-SJC-6021 at the lower left of back page and 20271 13000.2005.06.6 on the lower right which I assume to be the print date. The manual only says that the drivers door can auto unlock. I thought this was changed to all doors in the 9/05 builds. How should I try to program this option? Thanks all

·
Registered
626 Posts
Other people who have this fix said that you actually have to wait for three clicks, not two -- the first click that corresponds with unlocking the doors doesn't count. Also, I think you have to have the auto-locking on in order for the auto-unlocking to work.

We don't have any info from Honda that tells us specifically that 9/05 models have this fix; that's mostly incidental info we've gotten from people on this site. Your dealership could've given you an older manual, so look for other posts on this subject because I know people have posted the instructions that were specific to the later models that have this all-door auto-unlock feature.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have different directions from the manual as to how to program a 9/05 build auto unlock?

·
Registered
626 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its on the sticker on the drivers side door panel. You will see the VIN #, the bar code and the build date also on there...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I bought my RTL a couple days ago (mfg 9/05) and recieved a quick start guide and a Owners manual. The procedures are written slightly differently in each one. In the owners manual it does not tell you to ignore(not count) the imediate click you hear when you first hold down on the unlock button, the quick start guide does. I followed the quick start guide and got it. So if you follow the manual and count that first imediate click, all you are doing is re-programming the driver door unlock feature.

·
Registered
42 Posts
after several tries I got mine to work!!

A couple of things I did. Be sure door is closed, parking brake is off. Ignition in the II position. Hold down the master lock button as if you were unlocking. THere will be an immediate click, wait 5 secs and another click and finally another few seconds you will hear a final click. release the button. Be sure to immediately (less than 5 sec.) turn the ignition to the off position. This worked for me. I hope it will work for you.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I have monitored this post for some time now and I don't understand the concern? I can remotely unlock all my doors prior to entry with 2 presses of the remote. While seated in the truck, engine running, pull up twice on the unlock button on the driver's side to unlock the driver's and passengers doors, once you turn the engine off and are in park, all the doors unlock automatically. At least on my truck this occurs and I did not modify anything.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
I've just trained myself to push the unlock button before I put the Ridge in park. Before she gives me "The Look!" :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Simple solution, 5S. I've got one too. I push my own button. I never liked that waiting for a gentleman to hop out of the vehicle and dash around to open the door for me either! I am perfectly able to open my own door.

·
Registered
333 Posts
When I got my remote start put in last week, I picked up the truck and when I got home and threw it into park and turned the key off all the doors unlocked. I couldnt believe it, i tried for over a week to get them to do that.
I am not sure if it had anything to do with the install but it sure does come in handy.
Chris
clifford rsx 1.5

1 - 13 of 13 Posts