Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the threads on Ridgeline AC problems and have not found anything on this particular problem, hope someone can shed some light for me. My AC blower and compressor has stopped working. I replaced the two relays and it corrected the problem for a couple of days. I started the ridgeling yesterday and had nothing. The indicators on the control panel say everything is working. Any ideas?:act002:

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Where'd you get your relays? I'd give that another try before looking for more underlying issues. You may have just got a bad one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dnick I am going to try that today.......I bought my relays at O'Raliesl. don't know if they are the Veitnam upgrades or not.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got through troubleshooting my problem. Here is what I have found. I started with the blower motor. I tried disconnecting the plug from the motor(recall notice was supposed to have been accomplished already by dealership) and I could not get it unpluged. I checked the voltage at the plug from the wire side with the fan on and was reading 12 volts. While trying to get the plug off (with fan on) it started working. Wiggled the plug and it would loose connection. So will go to dealership and discuss that situation with them. As for the compressor, it still was not operating. Put gauge on the line and it was showing a charge but compressor would not run. I pulled the relay checked voltage to the relay coil at the connector and it was 12volts. I shorted the compressor pins at the plug and the compressor engauged. I let it run like that and checked inside the cab and cold air was flowing. So, my conclusion is that the dealership did not do anything about the recall notice or the recall fix was not a cure for the blower problems. The relay for the compressor is still up in the air, because after I removed the jumper from the connector and reinstalled the relay the compressor still worked. I cycled the system several times and the compressor is cycling as it should. The replacement relay I purchased was made in Tiawan, not Veitnam so I don't know if it is the upgraded relay or not, or if I have a weak clutch coil. But as of now I do have a working system. I will post an update after it discuss these problems with the dealership.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts